MTS ALLSTREAM CANADA PHONE SERVICES / Mts allstream phone company totally unprofessional & incompetent- THIRD WORLD QUALITY

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

MTS ALLSTREAM CANADA - SUCKS, POOR SERVICE LEVELS, INCOMPETENT TECHNOLOGY, UNPROFESSIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HANDICAPPED.

Unfortunately due to reference from a friend I opted for MTS Allstream services along with toll free line for my business.
Ordered two lines in 2009, It took almost two months to connect the line and to make it functional. I resisted my anger due to my friend who was involved in referring this service. Else I would have trashed their service in first place.

Somehow our company used their third rate service for few months with all the trouble, and unreliable service. No matter how many times you call their handicapped customer service, your work doesn;t get coordinated. Seems nothing is in place in their company. Their phone lines are leased from Bell network. They do not have anything of their own.

Finally after getting pissed off with their deteriorated customer service, I planned to cancel one line and decided to move another line to new address so that I can retain my main number till I can switch same number to another service.
But for moving the service to new address it took again 2 months (contrary to their promise of 8 days), starting 2nd week of Dec 2009, the work was partial finished in last week of January 2010.
Even today to get the toll free service and other features back I am still waiting to see any action from their office.
As Allstream moved the line by 26th Jan 2010 ( it was done by Bell) but toll free & other features are not functional till today. Two months of wait for moving line and still do not see anyone in their company to fix the issues.
All that I get to talk to is one different high school drop out girls every 10 minutes and there is not really much of coordination.

Will give up and get rid off their services once my main number is transferred to other reliable and competent service. ( Since I do not want to loose established phone number for my business)

Allstream is a company which cannot be relied for their services, technology or customer service. Keep them out of your premises and save your money, time and mental peace.

By now they should have been out of business, but unfortunately in this country everything works where communication is not important aspect being consumer based economy. These companies take undue advantage of limited competition. All that I would say is that companies like MTS Allstream won;t find place even in third world countries with this kind of service and technology they have.

However they gave me rebate of 150$ when their services were not fully functional for two months when I ordered new lines in 2009. But against this- I lost few thousand dollars in rental and business loss.

STEER CLEAR FROM MTS ALLSTREAM, if you want peace of mind and do not want to ruin your business.

FOR ANY GOOD OR BAD REASON THEY BLAME IT ON BELL. BUT IT IS NOT CUSTOMER'S PROBLEM AS OUR CONTRACT AND PAYMENT IS WITH ALLSTREAM. WHAT THEY DO INTERNALLY WITH BELL TO LEASE THEIR HARDWARE OR MANPOWER OR TECHNOLOGY IS THEIR PROBLEM. IT IS NOT CUSTOMER'S BUSINESS TO LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES BASED ON WHATEVER ISSUES THEY HAVE. THEIR JOB IS TO FIX UP THINGS IN STIPULATED TIME. BUT THEY FAIL ALWAYS. TOTAL UNPROFESSIONAL BUNCH OF JOKERS.

MTS ALLSTREAM= BUNCH OF JOKERS=POOR SERVICE=RIPOFF

Comments

• Al
      8th of Mar, 2010

Hi there -- I work for Allstream Small Business. It’s never good to hear that a customer has had difficulties, and I’m sorry that’s to hear that was the case. I’m not sure if your business is a customer of our division specifically, but I thank you for your feedback in any case as it’s valuable for us to keep making improvements. I assure you that we’re working diligently on making continuous improvements to serve our customers better every day.

As a note regarding our lines, we have our own extensive network coast-to-coast in Canada, but in some cases we must rely on other company’s lines to have a wider reach as do all telecommunications companies. Once again, I’m sorry to hear about the issue and I sincerely wish you the best. If you’d like to follow up please feel free to contact me. I’m on Twitter at twitter.com/asb_mark.

Kind regards,

Mark

• Do
      1st of Feb, 2012

I had a similar Allstream experience in August 2011, where they missed the installation date by 4-days, losing me thousands in lost time/business. They further misrepresented their name call display feature which simply won't function on our phone system despite very specific/written ads to the contrary. Finally, they sent me a fixed-fee quote in writing, however after less than 6-months now jacking up the fees significantly, totally inconsistent with their verbal/written price quote.

Some companies are just incompetent, however I have a serious breach of trust concern with core ethics of this company continuing to advertise their call name display feature unsupported by my Allstream service in mid-town Toronto, and so eager to break written price quotes within less than 6-months of installation as if small businesses are too busy/lazy to notice this outright scam.

• Ag
      19th of Oct, 2015

hi, can anyone advise how Allstream has been doing since 2012 to now. Was thinking of getting the service for a business centre in downtown Toronto where there is heavy usage of Internet. Pls advise? thanks