MTNL / Problem with broadband and IPTV

1 India Review updated:

I personally think that MTNL/IPTV service is a failure, being a consumer myself. In the last 5 months, there has been hardly a day when I did not face any problem. On lodging the complaint, IPTV people say everything is OK with IPTV its due to broadband problem and when MTNL is contacted they say everything is OK at their end its IPTV problem. I finally wrote to the head office but to no avail. My complaints have been closed without setting the problem right and I received a call from MTNL that your complaint has been closed as told by you, whereas I never said such a thing. Their representatives/babus have no ethics, no politeness, they talk as if they are providing these services for free. Their way of talking is very rude, they have no sense of responsibility and they are least concerned with consumer grievance, they are just concerned with closing the complaints received irrespective of whether they are actually addressed or not. I asked them to either address to my complaints or I do not want to continue with their services, so they disconnected my telephone, broadband and IPTV connections. You can now think what sort of service they are providing. This sort of attitude is not going to take MTNL/IPTV anywhere and they will lose their popularity, all their talks of quality and consumer complaint redressal are mere face wash and have no weight. It seems as if the MTNL babus independently decide to close the complaints, to save their jobs, without actually taking any action to address the complaints.

Comments

• Vi
      5th of Aug, 2008

I tatally agree with Manu Khanna. I too faced the same problem. These MTNL guys are just useless.

Vidhyadhar

5th of Aug, 2008

Complain to Sr officials over e-mail and ask for response over e-mail - its a written communication and these sarkari babus are very afraid of any complaint in written because it is well recorded. Here are contacts details on MTNL site:

For Delhi:

For Mumbai:

• He
      15th of Sep, 2008

Dear MTNL Bureaucrats

I have requested for an IPTV connection for almost a month back. I also have a broadband connection.

Even in today's environment of global competetiveness, MTNL seems sleeping for a simple connection and consumers have still to beg and follow up continuously.

Awaiting for a positive response atleast by next year !!

• Om
      9th of Oct, 2008

my iptv does not work properly from last 12 days. i bok comlain on 26990000 but they donot solve our problem so plz solve my problem as soon as possible my no. is 27573744 and comlain no.is 8 thankyou

28th of Oct, 2008

I also face the same problem as my friend Sunil, my telephone no is 29964593 and I too have a Broadband connection and a IPTV connection.Both my connections are encountering problems for past one month.I have not seen the programmes on IPTV peacefully at a stretch.In between the connection goes off or shows waiting signal. Inspite of repeated complaints there is no positive response, even today my iptv is still not functioning, its going to be a week.

• Ne
      28th of Nov, 2008

agree, my complain is adjactly the same as stated earlier by others, others have faced the problems in
    bombay and i am facing in delhi now

18th of Jan, 2009

Hi,

This is Sanjay Kumar Jain. This is regarding the MTNL broadband connection. This seems to be a very disgusting service provided by MTNL. I am facing lots of problem with this since I booked this. After various calls made to MTNL and the numbers installation took place on 1st of November (Saturday). And after installation also I am facing lots of problem regarding this. Nothing is running smoothly. Even I called up the customer care number (1504) no one is picking up the phone. Then after getting frustrated by this I called up 1500 there a mam took the call and when I said that I tried 1504 lots of time and no one is picking up the phone, she simply denied with the fact that this can not take place as if i m lying and the way she said this was also in a very rude tome. Is this the service provided by this department? What a 3rd class service or I should say worst then anything. These peoples even don’t know how to talk to their customer.

After, making various calls and various mails to this department i got nothing. Yeah, I have received a letter from the MTNL (G - Block Preet Vihar) on 09/01/2009. According to the letter, these peoples said that it has been confirmed from a lady on 3/1/2009 that the services which these peoples and their department is providing is up to the satisfactory level and we are satisfied.

That day my sister picked the phone and she said that “her brother is not at the place and please call back after 10 mins, and confirmed that the speed of the broadband is still in between 190 to 205). Is this satisfactory for these peoples.

What a Joke. I really think that these peoples out there are just coming to your office for time pass and for chatting. These peoples don’t know how to speak with the customer and this I can say with guarantee as I only received a call from their department and that person was using slang languages when I said that Airtel peoples are providing me better services.

Today, I have received the bill from the MTNL and that cost more then Rs 1000. I had to make various calls to Mr. D.P Singh (01122321900) and to various officers of the MTNL to solve this problem. And because of these calls I m receiving this amount of bill.

Further, I have told to call Mr. Jokhoo Ram (DDA Market, H PKT, Dilshad Garden, Delhi – 110 095) on 22572323. Whenever, I called him, he never picked the phone, as he don’t want to listen it only. Is this the service these peoples called a good and satisfactory service,

My contact Number is = +919818064352

• Sh
      29th of Jan, 2009

my iptv does not work properly It was installed yesterday The Executive who installed IPTV did not give the user manual which was provided with thw set top box I rang him many times every time he said he is comming The name of the Executive is Gaurav Sharme mob. no.9413346056
    i bok comlain on 1500 complint no is 5761478 & 5769196 but they donot solve our problem so plz solve my problem as soon as possible my no. is 9414241341 res no is 01412501241 thankyou

• Ra
      29th of Mar, 2009

Thank you very much Manu Khanna for posting your complaint since it helped me to take a decision as whether to go for MTNL iptv or not .Thank you very much .

• Rk
      5th of Jun, 2009

Same Problem I am facing with BSNL IPTV in Jaipur since installation IPTV does not work My complaint No 6272484 dated 05/06/09 RK S

• Sh
      20th of Mar, 2010

Sanjay Kumar jain if u had contacted Mr Jokhoo Ram then he must had solved ur problems. He must not had recieved ur call bcoz u would had made calls on holidays or after 6 PM.

7th of Jan, 2011

this is manoj kumar katahra...I took an iptv connection in the year 2007. It was satisfying before. But from the last 3 weeks the waiting signals are disturbing in every 10 minutes. please look into the problem as soon as possible.Its imprtnt...!!