MTNL / Broadband Speed

India Review updated:
Since 1 Month i am using MTNL Broadband at home....i took a plan which is called TribUnlimited....with the download speed of 256 Kbps.... i got the speed and worked fine for me but from last 6 days my download speed reduced to 30Kbps only....i made many complaint but they replied that this speed is ok in this plan....but in their website and adds you can see the minimum download speed is 256Kbps....my friend is using same connection with same plan his speed is coming 256Kbps download...but why they reduced my speed....still no action from MTNL yet....I am paying Rs. 1000 for the month & still not getting the speed....even their customer care guys dont have any resolution they just hang up the phone when i asked about my complaint and speed problem....from 1 month i was download on 256 Kbps and suddenly what happen....i want to complaint this to the higher ranked officer....coz MTNL guys dont know here how to maintain their systems.

Comments

Ta
  5th of Aug, 2008
I m absolutly agree with Samee Asghar,

First (Approx) 1 month i got download speed of 256 kbps and now i get only download speed 30 kbps,

but i have problem from last 15 -20 days,

what will I do for this, from my side i complainted for internet speed many times but there is no result.

so plz my kindly request forward this complaint to high ranked officer, take some action and plz give me result or response.
Ta
  18th of Aug, 2008
There is not any response about My Internet speed reduces yet...

I m absolutly agree with Samee Asghar,

but i have problem from last 25-30 days,

Ra
  6th of Oct, 2008
We are using the MTNL services for telephone and internet. and is under unlimited plan, but we have been facing problems from the day of installation. Many Times internet is not working or the speed is not more than 2 or 3 kbps. We have made complaints so many times to area manager and other respective authorities & Written Complaints to Janak Puri Exchange but the case is still unresolved. People come, check and promise to rectify it by next day but no progress has been seen.

As I have Applied for IP Tv. The People came for Installation Due to internet not working or speed is not more than 2 or 3 KBPS. The IP Tv People Came 2 or 3 times But Due to Internet not working that time they Go Back.

As I have Made So many Complaints to Janak Puri SDO, Area Manager, Broadband Office But the case is still unresolved. The Matter is three month old & we are at the same Position & The Problem has not been rectify till date & all the complaints made by us is all in Vain. We Would Like to ask from the esteemed authority that by paying the full amount & Cleared all the bills still we are not enjoying the services.

As we are related to media business the usage of internet is a necessity In spite of giving the written application Dated: 11/9/2008 Nothing Has been Sorted Out Till Date
De
  2nd of Nov, 2008
. I am having mtnl braodband service from 3 yr. my usually minimum speed of net was roundly 200 or 250 kbps, but from 1 month past its has come down to 20 to 25 kbps from which im surffing a lot. My friend is using the same connection as he getting 250kbps. As i want you to take immediate action as im taking heavy losses. My complaint number is 5810. I have complaint it many times pls dont force me to take a higher step.

Regarding info. :-
Current paln - TriB_unlimited_256kbps
Ad
  20th of Nov, 2008
What they mean by 256 Kbps in the unlimited plan, is actually 256 Kilo bits (not bytes!) per second. You will get 256/8 KBps (that is kilobytes - notice the small and capital B) = 32 KBps in ideal conditions. But due to bad lines (which is MTNLs fault), you only get 20-30 KBps :(
Ga
  20th of Dec, 2008
MERE NET KI SPEED 27 KB HE MERI SPEED KO INCREASE KARI A THINGKING YOU
Ni
  12th of Feb, 2009
i was using mtnl from past 5 years but past December my net had stopped working i called them 10000 times and their nonsense instructions which never works, then after a month they thinked to come to home so they came, checked and got lost and never came and till now my net is not working, i paid Rs- 1349 1 month without using my internet.
Ma
  27th of Mar, 2009
i am a customer of mtnl braodband plane plane firstly i have to say that nobody cannot be responding of my complaints against my internet downloading speed which is less than 23 kbps when the commitment from mtnl online help for the internet downloading speed was 256kbps now nobody can take any resposibility why my internet speed is lower nobody have a reason & compaining for that many of times
so please take some action for it & give me reply whatsoever
so i can take Decision for cut my mtnl connection as soon as posible

no one can solve my problem
complane no3121

22116011 i am very agree minl connection as soon as cut mitnl brod band
Ka
  1st of May, 2009
Since 1 Month i am using MTNL Broadband at home...i took a plan which is called Unlimited...For the last 64d ays my download speed reduced to 18 - 28 Kbps only...i made many complaint but they replied that this speed is ok in this plan...but in their website and adds you can see the minimum download speed is 256Kbps...my friend is using same connection with same plan his speed is coming 256Kbps download...but why they reduced my speed...still no action from MTNL yet...I am paying Rs. 599 for the month & still not getting the speed...even their customer care guys dont have any resolution they just hang up the phone when i asked about my complaint and speed problem...from 1 month i was download on 256 Kbps and suddenly what happen...i want to complaint this to the higher ranked officer...coz MTNL guys dont know here how to maintain their systems.
Ak
  22nd of Mar, 2016
My plan is power connect ..worth rs 280.with the speed of 192 kbps after 1 gb of usage... But from last 1 month its speed is b/w 20 kb - 25kbps

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] Logo Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]