MTN Sp / not taking liabilty to payments made

1 South Africa

I had a contract phone with mtn then in 2008 July I stopped workin an I could nt pay for it so I received a demand letter from trans union debt collectors which I dnt hav anymore because that was in 2008 so I phoned back an explained to them that I'm unemployment as soon as I get my provident fund money I will pay which in November I started paying to the provided account, then mid March to April I started phonin trans union to find out the status of my account they could nt find my details I then had to fax proof of payment to them with 3days later they acknowledge that they received it an they then told me that they have reconcilled the account and have sent all paperwork to Mtn. I then started receivin sms's from another debt collector called VVM Attorney which there were instructed to colled an amount of R12 thousand and some odds regardless of the R6000 paid with trans union I tried to explain to them that I have already so much money already with anoth company I was then asked fax proof of thise payment to them because I could not get the letter from trans union that states that I have paid with them they informed that MTN has taken the account from them and since they submitted all my paperwork to mtn then can not help me any further in future I should contant Mtn. I faxed more than ten copies of proof of payment to VVm an eventually someone acknowledged them then I was instructed to start payin the account before I get listed on credit bereau whilst they investigate, I then paid R250 for months an phone the again was asked again to fax proof an they will get back to me did that an waited now I was nt payin any more they would send sms, emails and would call even an al the time I will explain the same story that I've just explained until on 4 occasions the consultants would say to me they r busy investigation and liasing with mtn with regards to this matter so I shud just wait until yhe get back to me I waited I then receive an sms offering me 30% discount from the R13 thousand that I owed then I phoned and queried that was told okay they busy finding out it they Will call me., until on December the 08th I received a notification from trans union credit bereau that
As foolows Dear Maphalala Consolation N, XDS, a registered Credit Bureau, received a default alert on your MTN SP a/c. Kindly contact VVM on: [protected].Ref:[protected].
So now I started phonin again an they asking me proofs again even when I try an phone trans union they dnt seem to help I'm just going back an forth and at the end of the day my name is gonna go bad where as I've paid an none of Mtn or Trans union wants to help and admit to receiving the money while amont close to R6000 went someones acc with the reference #.