MTN Outlet / unsatisfied with the phone given

1 South Africa Review updated:

My contract was up for a possible renewal with mtn. I went to mtn the glen to renew my contract. I chose a nokia for business which I returned to the outlet within 48 hours. I was not happy with the features of the phone.In fact my personal view was that the phone is over marketed and the features were exaggerated. The outlet was not prepared to listen at my problem instead they disregarded my complaint and raised a lot of unjustified issues which I was never alerted nor do they exist in my contract. Mtn was not at all helpful instead they send me back to the outlet.

Comments

• Bo
      3rd of Jul, 2008

mtn is pathetic

• Ms
      24th of Jun, 2009

I have had equally poor service from an MTN outlet and the call center when trying to cancel my contract. The service standards at MTN has been consistently poor and I am moving to Vodacom where service standards for me have been much better.

• Ab
      20th of Aug, 2018
    MTN - credit card
    ibadan
    Nigeria

I sell recharge card, but I sold a recharge to aguy, he return it and told me the network is bad but when I sold it to another person they told me it has been used but when I check his it not there I want to know the number that load it the serial number is 3874911055031306 thanks my number is 08137486399

Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - airtime and data
    South Africa

I put R65 airtime to buy 1GIG weekly data about an hour ago but it seems i just threw it down the drain coz i only have 164MB left but i havent used any data...whats goin on? Where's my data??

• Po
    Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - fraud
    South Africa

Someone opened an account using my bank details and mtn is now billing me

• Tr
    Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - unauthorized upgrade
    mtn.co.za

I was called about my upgrade by MTN franchise 2 months ago and was told my new device would be delivered, 2 weeks later no device delivered, i called mtn & was told they have no stock of the device, requested cancellation, 2 months later it is not done, ive called MTN 15 times and there is no record of my request even after speaking to 4 managers

• Sb
    Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - account opened fraudlentely
    South Africa

i have received an sms notifying me of my debit order from mtn of R550. I then went to mtn store and they didn't want to help me they say they are offline though they are assisting other customers. i want mtn to close this contract because i have not opened any account from mtn. i am going to take legal action against mtn if they don't assist me.

11th of Nov, 2018
    Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - exccessive account raises concerns of fraud
    mtn.co.za

I have a limit on my cell phone account.

My account with MTN is not in arrears.
    How on earth is it possible that I am billed R900 for my current account?

My account is usually R382.
    Never more than R450.
    I will get to the bottom of this, failing which I shall change my cell phone provider.

Regards