MTN Data 350MB / insufficiency!
I am a MTN client since 1993 and as the years go by the service has become worst and worst to such an extend I am contemplating closing all business with them. The reason for this is my present experience dealing with MTN. I applied for a Data contract which includes a laptop modem and data card. The sales person, Amanda Beasley, was what I thought very helpful and efficient, but little did I know what was to come from the business deal.
After my credit check and signing contract the modem and data card was courier in a flash; the laptop was to follow two to four days after - NO LAPTOP! After numerous phone calls, some I am still waiting to get back to me after 10 minutes, well it is now almost two weeks, shame do these people work so hard that their 5 minutes equals a week! my laptop arrived. Atechnician was send to install the notepad and whatever goes with it only to discover the following:
1. The optical drive was faulty.
2. The unit given to me was not installed correctly and there was already a username and password on the notebook!
3. Windows Vista was given to me and not XPHome as stated in the package.
4. There was a red warranty void sticker and not the green and white which is usually stick onto the packages.
By the way the company supplying the laptops is INCREDIBLE SOLUTIONS situated in Johannesburg and it takes two days to courier products down to Cape Town - NO stock is available in Cape Town. The same story happened; phone calls ect and the discovery that between MTN and INCREDIBLE SOLUTIONS there was no order form for the laptop. So a process which was suppose to take between two and four days, and all of a sudden working days were NOW calculated in hours which means four working days equals 12 days!!!, and even it was the case I should have had the laptop delivered to me by then.
After being in contact again worth INCREDIBLE SOLUTIONS, all of a sudden the working days were back to how everybody knows it and two days later the new laptop arrived with the same technician, smile on his face, because the laptop is number one! Wow can one person be so lucky... or not! MTN supplied the wrong MODEM instead of a FASTLINK E220 I received a E800 not compatible with the laptop, which the sales person should have known.
The package I was offer was as follows:
E220 DATA CARD
What made the situation even more of a joke was the phone call I received a survey about MTN. I told them that each and every person I dealt with in the last three years at MTN haven''t got a clue what they are doing. Do people not get trained to deal with every aspect of the job, because the only answers one get is usually not what you asked. MTN you have become the worst nightmare for any of your clients and I do not know what you going to do to compensate for this frustration and incompetence.
More MTN Data 350MB Complaints & Reviews
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - breach of contruct
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - poor service
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - mtn contract
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - fraudulent account in my name
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - fraud by mtn - fraudulant accounts for services not yet used (data, minutes). breach of contract with consumer by mtn