MTN Cellphone Top Up 75 Contract / account reactivation request
I entered into the Top up 75 with MTN in June 2007 and agreed upon stop order payment. Somewhere around June 2008 due to insufficient funds in my bank account my payment bounced. I made arrangements with MTN and deposited the required money into their account. I was not aware that MTN would no longer take money from my account to settle the next installments. This went on for about three months and I was alerted by the letter of demand from VVM Attorneys. I made a payment of R200.00 and another one of R175 into MTN to settle the matter but the attorneys continued to demand payment from me and even threatened to had my account to credit bereau. I faxed confirmation of payment to them but the threads did not cease. In January I continue to receive SMSs from the attorneys informing that I made arrangements to pay them R165 per month to settle R6000.00 that was alleged to be owed by me. I was amazed at the allegation and began to call both the Attorneys and MTN. The frustration in the matter was number 1 - MTN was always promising that my account is clear from the legal status and that my number will be reactivated, notifications to the reactivations department were made to that regard. Number 2 - VVM Attorneys insisted that I still have to continue to make the alleged arranged payments. It was clear that there is no intergration of information between the attorneys and MTN. Bear in mind that I wanted to continue to use the line. In the process since January I have visited MTN outlets without a solution, I communicated to several call centre assistance and still no progress is made. One promise gives birth to another unfulfilled. They never call back if they promise. In January I was told to wait for 5 working days for my line to be active - guess what. In february I was told to wait for 5 working days for the line to be active - guess again. This time I was yold to pay R400 so that the line can indeed be activated. The payment was made to no avail. On 05/03/09 I communicated to Mashudu who requested that I wait for another 5 days for the line to be active. Today 18/03/2009 after 10 days when I made a follow up on why the line is still not active I was told by Prudence of MTN that my account has been completely terminated and that the option is to enter into a new contract altogether and that I have lost all the outstanding airtime. I was concerned about the remaining four months (my contract is supposed to end in June 2009) as to what's going to happen with the monthly instalments and she adviced me to refer that to the Legal department. The same today Andre ref: [protected] told me to wait for another 5 working days for the line to be active. I am lost without direction.
I AM CONCERNED ABOUT MY STATUS WITH MTN ON THE FOLLOWING:-
1. WHETHER I AM SETTLED WITH THE ATTORNEYS
2. IS MY ACCOUNT EVER GOING TO BE REACTIVATED
3. WHAT THEN HAPPENS TO MY OUTSTANDING AIRTIME
4. COULD I STILL BE OWING MTN AMOUNTS I DON'T KNOW OF.
4. IS IT NECCESSARY FOR A CLIENT TO FOrEVER BEAT ABOUT THE BUSH TO GET SERVICE AT MTN
5. WHY SHOULD MTN HAVE OUTLETS WHICH DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION
6. MY ENQUIRY HAS LONG BEEN OUTSTANDING, WHY CANT IT BE PRIORITISED.
7. IF MTN CAN'T ASSIST ME WHO CAN I GO TO ON MY OWN TO MAKE SURE THE CONCERNS ARE ANSWERED.
Cellphone no. [protected] - MTN Call Reference no. [protected]
My contact no. [protected]
More MTN Cellphone Top Up 75 Contract Complaints & Reviews
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - fraudulent account opened on my name
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - data bundle and mtn contract and complete lack of assistance or service
- MTN - refund
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - breach of contruct
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - poor service