M.T.G. Security / Rip off

Caveat Emptor if you evaluate this 'freeware'. I downloaded the 30-day trial software and locked a few files. After the trial period, I went to delete the program and I was unable to unlock my files. The only solution was to purchase the full version of the program. I went to the website and was going to purchase it if the price was right but they do not show you the price until after you put in your credit card info and go to the next page which automatically makes the purchase. There is no review order page and I found out that I paid $69. Lastly, you can't email the people at all until after you purchase their product. It states right on their 'contact us' page that unregistered users won't be able to contact them.

This is a total scam to force people who try the program to buy the full version in order to recover your files.

Va

Comments

• Ra
      7th of May, 2009

I downloaded the free trial and it deleted all of my pictures and programs. Cannot call or e-mail them also. never buy any software unless you can call before you buy...

• Sc
      18th of May, 2009

I agree.
    I am trying to find a way to contact them to get some of my money back ... they overcharged UKP 59 for a US$ 34 program.
    There does not appear to be a way of contacting them and Regnow Com Cs denies all knowledge of the order even though their name appears on my credit card billing.

Further action is needed.

K Scott