MTA/ Q65harmful bus driver

At around 6:10PM, Wednesday, March 31, 2010, I made an attempt to board a Q65 MTA bus number 9851 heading to College Point, at the Main Street station. As I put my foot onto the steps, with my body half way on board, the bus drive who clearly saw me and was aware of me making my way to get into the bus closed the door, leaving me trapped in between the bus doors for 10 seconds before releasing me. He stared at me the entire time I struggled to get in and tried to free myself.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Flushing Queens, NY He did NOT apologized for his action, an obvious reason why I am filing this complaint for his INTENTIONAL HARM. I must voice myself out even if the MTA would not take action to correct this man's mistake because it could happen to any person; mothers carrying small children who try to catch a bus could get seriously injured. I don't believe there is any reason for this bus driver who operated bus number 9851 today should close the door ON A PASSENGER. I see this a serious potential danger, he could have pulled the bus away with my body hanging half way out the door.

Comments

Jan 12, 2012

I had a similar incident this morning while trying to board the OM11 in Forest Hills on my way into Manhattan. Although, in my case I really don't think that the bus driver even noticed me. He closed the door as I was boarding the bus, same as you, with one foot on the bottom step and the other foot outside on the ground. My body was trapped in the door and I have the bruises to show on my leg, stomach, arm, neck, and back. I screamed at him to stop but he just either ignored me or didn't hear me. Finally, as he was about to pull away (after me being trapped for about 5-10 seconds) he released the doors and I got on the bus while screaming at him. I took a seat on the bus (first mistake) went to work (second mistake) and called the MTA to complain. They gave me the number to file a claim and I had to leave a message which I have yet to hear back. So after being at work for 2 hours in excruciating pain, I decided to go to the nearest emergency room where I was examined and x-rayed. Luckily nothing was broken, but I have a leg contusion, a clavicle contusion, a sprained wrist and a hell of a lot of pain. I will follow up with the MTA and maybe in a few years I'll get reimbursed for my medical bills.

• Al
      May 02, 2013

There is something that I dislike about the q 65 buses services. Lack of control. There would sometimes be spaces in the bus yet the bus driver would say that he / she is full and close the door. It just that the driver needs to have control and ask passengers to move in further into the bus or give other passengers way to move in. All of us are working people and needs to get to work on time.

• Ka
      Dec 18, 2017

I know a bus operator who has a severe heart condition & his doctors did not disclose thhe information on his pre e employment form. Now he is driving around with 3 blocked branches of heart making 40grand. While the safety of riders travelers etc are in danger. They need to take him off the road before something terrible happebs. He can have a heart attack at any time. Its very scary how he got threw the system now driving a city bus