MT Handyman Service/Michael Tussey / broke contract

Winchester, KY, United States
2.5
Phone: 859-744-9415/606-975-3521
I hired MT Hanyman Service/Michael Tussey to install roof trusses on 30' by 32' garage on July 20, 2008 and signed a contract with him on said date. The agreement was I would pay $150.00 up front, which I did, with another $200.00 to be paid upon completion of job for a total of $350.00.The contract states that the job would be completed by July 26, 2008.He then called for 3 weeks ina row with excuses as to why he could not come to do the work. I finally had to hire someone else to do the job and pay out another $300.00. I asked Mr. Tussey if he would be interested in putting shingles on the garage for the 150.00 I already paid him and call it even. He agreed over the phone to do that. He then called the next week with an excuse as to why he could not come to do the job again. I then found someone to help and put the shingles on myself. I have called him several times and ask him to return my $150.00 and he always has reasons why he can't and is refusing to return my money. It has been a month and 9 days since I signed the contract with Mr.Tussey.