M&T Bank / unlawful foreclosure threatening!

M&T Bank is threatening to make my mortgage due and payable in 24 days, due to fraud committed by my mortgage broker. Yes, I signed the paperwork, however, at the urging of my broker, my application was finessed in certain ways. I have paid my mortgage on time and in full since I have had it. I have information that they simply can't sell my loan to their investor because they funded it at a time of mortgage implosion. Should this come down to them taking my home? Shouldn't they be going after my broker and not me? Word of advice - if you are seeking a mortgage, DO NOT use M&T Bank, and inquire with your broker to make sure.

Su

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2008

Here is my story, they (M&T) told my wife and I with complete certainty that a rework of my mortgage would not affect my credit score. We asked them very carefully several times to be absolutely certain this would not affect our credit score and they assured us it would not.
    Low and behold, a few weeks later my credit lines were lowered for material negative information on my credit report, after further investigation, we found that in fact M&T reported the old loan in default and passed due. We paid the new loan structure on time and in full. After calling them to correct this they stated they "can do nothing". Total liars.

• Cr
      9th of Oct, 2010

M and t bank totally sucks:

Here's my story, I contacted them for a loan modification after the big bank bailout and I knew they would be flushed with cash (my taxpayer bailout cash). after cycling through about 3 representatives I finally agreed to complete some paperwork that they would send me... I did not receive anything and contacted them 2 weeks later, again made the same request to several representatives with poor english speaking abilities and finally after about 3 weeks of messing around received the paperwork, I signed and returned it with my financial life attached (tax, social security, credit lines etc.) they lost it!!!

Furious - I finally reached "evelyn" who was very nice, reassuring and apologetic but really of little help since they still had not located the paperwork. evelyn allowed me to fax the items to her and she received them while I was still on the phone and supposedly got the process in motion - 2 months quickly passed when I again contacted them to see what was going on... guess what... I had been denied a modification... whoops nobody told me. I aparently had to be at least one month behind on my mortgage to be considered... silly me I was current
    So I proceeded to fall one month behind on my mortgage... they again denied me a modification this time because I was late on my pmt... and during all this they foreclosed, sally mae took the house, mand t claimed it on their title insurance and lost nothing and I get a letter the house had been sold at auction!

• Ro
      13th of May, 2016

I am so tired of stupid banks that don't give a rats b about mortgage loans. They sell you off to stupid banks like M&T. This is the second time we get screwed by them. This time the shortage escrow being the problem. We made a payment of $1500 in March 10, than the rest on march 22 of $305. The guy specifically said out payment will be $612 on the next mortgage payment. Little did I know that, the $612 that went in for April was sent to principle instead cuz according to them our payment didn't adjust and we still had to pay $774 for the month of April. What kind of stupid ppl work the and then to have the bank send you foreclosure paperwork because according to them I owe $162. What kind of heartless stupid ppl do that to americans that work hard for their money to pay bills n feed their families. Geez they stress the crap out of u and ur gonna tell me, they can't even make a call or send out an email, but can send u stupid letters like that. Why do they ask for emails and all that crap and not try to talk to their clients instead before you send out stupid letters like that, freaking idiots! I'm refinance with Shell FCU. We have always been good on making our mortgage payments. This whole thing that happened is their fault and the should fix it, not me having to give them more extra money for their mistake and it's all in a recorded line!

• Di
      19th of Apr, 2017

My stepfather (a veteran, served in the marine corps) passed away december 2015, leaving my mother who passed away september 9 2016 (65 years old! primary cns lymphoma of the brain), my boyfriend and I moved into their house prior to my mom passing. my mother and I did a quit claim deed as per m & t bank (i'm 42 and permanently disabled) the bank was aware of this. they told me I could get a modification of the loan after my mother passed so they could list her as deceased and then continue with the modification no problem. unfortunately my mom passed, I filled out the paperwork and also fax over the death certificate. guess what denied and they would not list my mom as deceased, I was told to redo the paperwork again so I did (now before my credit went to crap thanks to m & t bank) I had offers from the va and a couple other places to get a loan, i'm a first time buyer disabled. the other lenders said they need to see my mom listed as deceased on the credit check, I called m & t bank and was told they r working on it. now in the mean time I have already talked with the bcap mortgage assistance. they have 50, 000 to give to m t bank towards the principal balance of the loan, I made them aware of this, they said ok note taken, they of course r still working in my modification so I thought I walk outside and guess what I found just right on the front porch, foreclosure paperwork, it says m&t bank vs my mother (deceased) in real small print at the bottom it says serve papers to me. I know my brain doesn't work to good, but did I miss something?

I live in nj want to go back to pa. just got married monday.
    Anybody out there that can advise what to do? they are doing an accelerated forclosure. it goes against my mind credit how does that happen?

Lisa