MSN/Oberon Complaints - Gamesaver Subscription / Cancellation problems

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I was on Best BUY web site and was offered a chance to buy reduced games. I started to enroll and I changed my mind before ordering the game. I called BEST BUY and they told me they didn't have an order for me and I would not be charged for the membership. Then I got my credit card bill I had charges from this company Gamesaver Subscription (MSN/Oberon). Best buy said they didn't have anything to do with the charge and could not help me. They gave me another number to call and it was Game stop. They said it wasn't them. I called my credit card to stop charges and they said I had to cancel, before they could help. If you try to get help from Gamesaver they have not phone number or anyway to contact them.

Sc

Comments

29th of Apr, 2009

I too have not been able to contact them to cancel. As a matter of fact when I went to the site and typed in my email, it said member not found. How do I get rid of this monthly scam?

• De
      30th of Apr, 2009

Get me out of this mess!! I don't even remember subscribing to gamesaver, but i get it billed on my credit card every month. there's no phone no. or access to these people to get out of it. Help!

• Nc
      4th of May, 2009

Has anyone figured out the contact information yet? I'm calling my bank today! I didn't subscribe to this mess either.

• 1s
      15th of May, 2009

Try this website above. I had to send an email to support but I'm hoping that wrapped it up. Let me know if it works for you all.

• Tr
      15th of May, 2009

Same here, I have been trying to figure out how to get them to stop charging me for 2 months now! That's just not right that a company can take your money, and you have no way of stopping it. Soon I will just close my credit card account, if that's what i have to do!

16th of May, 2009

Just call credit card company and tell them the problem. They can file a billing dispute and help get things straight.

• Br
      19th of May, 2009

I also have had the same problem with this company! I have called the credit card company, filed a billing dispute AND cancelled the card...I dont know how this happened, but would like to know, so I don't do it again!

• Aw
      27th of May, 2009

I am also having problems with them, I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - because of all of the problems that I see everyone else is having, I am imagining that it won't be any easier for me.

If you do know of a sure fire way to get this stopped, please post it!

Thanks!

• Fr
      27th of May, 2009

I HAVE ALSO BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION SINCE THE END OF LAST YEAR AND THEY ARE STILL TAKING A PAYMENT FROM ME EVERY MONTH...I HAVE JUST SENT THEM YET ANOTHER E-MAIL AND HAVE THREATENED LEGAL ACTION IF THEY DON'T GET IT SORTED.

• Nc
      29th of May, 2009

This is what I just found out. Did anyone buy a game from Yahoo Games? I did in February, big mistake! You don't buy just ONE game, you buy that game AND a subscription for a year! I won't be buying anymore online games. Plus, get this, the company that charges your card is international, which means it's out of the country! They send a charge for 0 - .30 just to make sure you haven't canceled your card and then go back and charge that $9.95! Call your banking institution and cancel your card, that's the only way you will get rid of it. My bank told me that's how people have lost their money, from international charges. If they've got your card number, they don't mind sharing the wealth!! Don't delay! I just canceled mine, what a pain in the a$$!!!

• Mi
      10th of Jun, 2009

I have had the same problem for last 6 months. Just contacted bank to cancel credit card. This is the only way to get arround the recurring charges

• Le
      30th of Jun, 2009

Same problem here. I bought a game off Yahoo for full price, and next thing I know I am somehow signed up for a subscription of Gamesaver. They have been taking $12. out of my Visa for a few months now. I called my bank and changed my card number, which should stop that. I also called Yahoo, but spoke to an idiot who was reading off a sheet. I suspect she was in India. She kept telling me she was going to put me through to billing. I explained the issue a number of times, and cited these web complaints. She just said she was very sorry and she would put me through to billing.

Caution to anyone buying games from Yahoo or MSN.. if you get redirected to a page that is 'hosted' by Oberon-Media, don't buy the game. It's a scam, perpetuated by Yahoo and MSN.

• Ad
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I have the same parasite sucking out of my account. I have emailed everyone I can regarding this. If I have to cancel my card I'm going to really be mad!

• Ve
      23rd of Jul, 2009

*I tried posting this before but I am not sure if it worked. If it did, I am sorry for the double post**

Guys, I had this same problem too and I was very very pissed off. I e-mailed them constantly and well, I wasn't very nice. BUT I did get a FULL refund!! So I would just say be tough and persistant. We should not let this horrible company to continue doing this!

• Is
      24th of Jul, 2009

This is just awful. They're taking money out of my account week after week and I don't know how to stop it. I've tried calling but I'm out of the country for a few months and the phone service is horrid. All I can do is email and wait. Someone has to put a stop to this. I wonder how all of this will finally end.

• Ki
      26th of Jul, 2009

I have also been charged each month for subscriptions that I didn't want. I have tried to redeem games for each payment Oberon has taken from my credit card but so far have been unsuccessful. I have paid for eight months but have only been able to download five games. I emailed Oberon support as I have had difficulty even entering my email address to login to redeem the balance of the games. They advise that I have redeemed all game credits which is not correct. I will be definitely changing my credit card number and will be telling everyone I know not to get 'hooked' into subscribing to Gamesaver!

Rose

• Li
      13th of Aug, 2009

I also have the same problems as all the others i have an email from usa saying they are trying to help! i will post addy on here later.
    good luck to us all.
    liz

• Pg
      31st of Aug, 2009

I was having the same problem. I had bought some games from Yahoo and I knew that is where it was coming from. I logged in to Yahoo, clicked on a game like I was going to buy it, and then clicked on a link towards the bottom that says "Yahoo Games Subscription FAQ" and there was a link to cancel. I just hope it works!

• Mi
      31st of Aug, 2009

I tried what u just posted...just looked at my statement and aparently it didn't work...gona have to cancel card!

9th of Sep, 2009

I am having the same problem. Don't know how - but my account is being charged monthly. Emailing Oberon brought back an email that directed me to emachines (the same link as on the FAQ on Google). Emachines is a computer hardware company that knew nothing about games when I called. Incidentally, the website mentioned above by Isolet (?) just redirects you to this complaint service. Help!