MSN Direct / Bad service

Garmin has been wonderful with it's product support. Unfortunately MSN has NOT!!! I paid $1, 000 for a garmin Nuvi 680 May 07. I also Paid MSN $129 for "lifetime" service. My antenna/receiver was defective and failed. Garmin is replacing it at no cost. MSN refuses to transfer my service to this replacement antenna/receiver. They have offered to pro-rate a refund and will re-charge me $129 when I get this replacement. When I asked to speak to a MSN supervisor, I was told that the person I was speaking to WAS the MSN supervisor. MSN has told me that I need to get my compensation from Garmin. I told MSN that this was their issue and not Garmin's. Again Garmin has been wonderful with a great product and support but they need to seriously reconsider a replacement option to MSN as a service provider. I have found the quality of information from this MSN service to be inconsistent, unavailable (suburban Boston area), and unreliable. I will DEFINITELY choose a different service provider when I replace this GPS device. I just hope I can remain with Garmin.

Va

Comments

• Jl
      20th of Aug, 2009

MSN direct customer service is awful. I have been working with MSN Tech support and customer service for weeks on end to restore service to my 6 month extention promo service I purchased ($19.95 for 6 mo.). I have spent many hours on the phone and it is clear they cannot fix my MSN Direct account. Some how while trying to fix my account they (MSN) charged my CC $87.83 and called me to tell me they fixed it, and sure enough it was finally working. Then I saw the unauthorized charge to my CC. I called them back and they apologized for the unauthorized charges and wanted to again escalate the call. I said after so many hours and calls I was worn down and no longer interested in MSN direct and asked to cancel and for a refund. They promised a full refund of the 19.95 and the 87.83 within 72 hours. After nearly two weeks I called back because I never got any refund. This time they said they put it through again and said only the 87.83 is being refunded and I would have to escalate the call to get any of the 19.95 refunded. I got a call today from the escalation department. They told me that only 12.00 of the 19.95 is being refunded (pro rated). I said prorated for what? The service never worked until they charged me an unauthorized 87.83 and I cancelled with in 24 hours of that. They informed me that my only other recourse is through my CC company which at this point I am more than willing to do for all the time and effort I put up trying to get this resolved. MSN could never get the paid for 6 mo extension to work and won't give me a full refund. I just completely don't understand. By the way I have been paying MSN 9.95/mo for the past ten years just for the privilege of using MSN Premium email. They have just lost that business from me too.