MSLinux Inc. / Netspend assisted in a crime!

San Diego, CA, United States
I purchased a Netspend prepaid Master card in the hopes of using the card in less than secure places, Traveling, paying one time bills, online purchases... yadda yadda yadda. I've had my Identity stolen in the past and I'm trying to prevent it from happening again. I went to a hillbilly gas station located in San Diego called Golden State, on Texas and El Cajon, and when I tried to use my card inside I was told "no! go out der". I tried to used the decaying card readers on the pump, it didn't work, so I left to go to a more civilized gas station. At this point my card no longer worked. I went home checked my account and yep, you guessed it, the balance of my card went from eighty plus dollars to $12.30. The gas station had placed a hold on my card for just swiping it, not even removing the pump, just swiping it. Fifty five bucks plus one dollar charge from Netspend.

"No worries I'll just call and make arrangement to get my money back" so I though. Nope, Netspend will not give me my money back they flat out refused, the vendor told me to pound sand, and I was charged one dollar by netspend to have my money stolen. Netspend refuses to even close the account until the purchase goes through... "the purchase" that's what these ### called theft now. Nice. I might just "purchase" me some gas in the middle of the night from this red-neck crap hole!

Lesson: Carry cash, no cards, and a gun. people want my money from now on they are going to have to fight for it. No more cards... no more credit... I'm off the grid where it's safe.