MSI - Micro-Star International / Customer Support & Company Profile

1 South Africa Review updated:

I also can't really say that my experience with MSI customer support has ever been pleasant... They are really not good at their jobs.

I own an older MSI board, but I don't think that this means I don't deserve proper customer support.

I've contacted them about something that I would like changed in the BIOS, and luckily the first time they agreed to make the BIOS. But after I flashed the new BIOS I discovered that they didn't put in all of the features I asked, and changing the settings (vCore) had NO effect.
A few months later I decided to contact them again and ask for the settings that they didn't put in. But this time they plainly refused!
"we have checked the bios engineers and they said K9N Neo-F is much old now and would not add FSB/DRAM ratio setting accroding to the BIOS Spec.."
Old board means no support? After some nagging and asking very nicely they agreed, but after I flashed the BIOS I saw they simply removed a feature, and renamed it to what I asked for, assuming I'm an idiot.

But at this stage I don't even want to argue with those idiots anymore. In the future I will avoid MSI as far as possible, because their BIOS engineers are ###ed and lazy.

Comments

• W4
      5th of Feb, 2010

In this part of Asia, MSI has made a terrible name for itself in customer service. It's a Taiwanese company, yet Taiwanese IT workers steer clear of the name. I learned the hard way: I had questions about the Windows 7 upgrade that came with my notebook and the customer service was automated responses in Mandarin that basically said my answer could be found if I looked in the FAQs. Eventually, I got three different reasons why they wouldn't honor the upgrade- there was an earlier MSI deadline that i had missed, I didn't apply for a form in time, and then they said that some regions don't apply. By the time they denied me the Windows 7 upgrade, it was three days past their deadline (even though the website said I still had a month) and they had decided my notebook wasn't eligible even though it was listed as eligible on their Global website. Terrible, terrible service.

• Pi
      14th of Apr, 2010

That's very sad to read but unfortunately mirrors my experience with MSI's Windows 7 upgrade promise. I followed all the stated deadlines and rules, and never did receive my upgrade, and now get no answer or help from them. I'll be avoiding MSI in the future as well.

• Ri
      6th of Jun, 2010

Man this happens here in India also, We both an LCD thiniking it was a MSI Taiwan Product, But Later came to know that It is sold by some fake company under MSI brand and that company is having an website as http://www.microstar.in

This creates confusion and people buy duplicate products thinking that they have bought original MSI Computer Products.

• Ri
      6th of Jun, 2010

yes man this so big that many people in india are buy MSI duplicate products.

They just dont know that MSI original Website in India is http://in.msi.com not http://www.microstar.in

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2010

I guess rita is right as if you yourself do reasearch in GOOGLE then MSI websiste is something as in.msi.com not www.microstar.in.

so means that www.microstar.in must be selling duplicate/fake Microstar Lcd Monitor and prices

• Ku
      26th of Aug, 2010

hello,
    mera problem ye hai ki mera pc pichle 5 mahino se sirf service centere ka chakar hi kat raha hai kyon iska proper jawab koi nahi de pa raha hai so aap mujhe ye bataye ki mai kya karu aur mere pc ka configuration hai:- cpu q6600 8mb jo ki 1 bar replace ho chuka hai motherboard msi ka p7n sli platinum hai jo kam se kam 15 bar service center ka chakar kat chuka hai aur abhi fir jaega mera smps mercury ktp-200 hai jo pehli bar service centere bhejne ja raha hu.GPU hai msi 9400gt jo sirf 2 se 3 bar gaya hai jisme muhe koi kharabi nahi lagti aur ram kingston ka 2gb pc2-6400 cl6 240pin (kvr800d2n6/2g-sp) hai mujhe kuch samjh nahi ata hai ki era sysmtem kharab kyon hai. mera system har 2 min se 5 min chalta hai fir band ho jata hai aur ydi kabhi chal bhi jata hai to jab bhi 3d se related koi kam karta hu to wo band ho jata hai aur fir band ho jatta hai fir wo do tin dino tak on hi nahi hota mai puri tarah se paresan ho chuka hu koi bata hi nahi bata pa raha ki pc me problem hai kya yaha tak ki msi wale mera pura pc dekh chuke hai par unke pas koi bhi sahi jawab nahi hai. kripya kar k aap hamari madad kare athwa aap mera pc ko dekho

• Ku
      26th of Aug, 2010

hi
    plz suggest me dat my pc not works well my pc configure is MSI p7n sli platinum with q6600 8mb, kingston (kvr800d2n6/2g-sp)2gb, gpu msin9400gt nd smps is mercury ktp-h200. so tell me what should i do now my pc always goes to service center. plz nd thanx

• Em
      15th of Feb, 2012

FEEDBACK

CATEGORY: Repair Service

COMMENTS:
    This is to express my disappointment to your ineffective customer/repair support services. I bought a laptop unit last March 10, 2011 from Cyberzone SM City North EDSA. December 8 of the same year, the unit broke so I brought it the same day to the store where I bought it for repair since it was still covered under the 1 year parts and service warranty. The store staff told me that the unit may have problems with the power supply socket and also told me to come back after 2-3 weeks. December 19, the store staff called me telling that the MSI service centered sent them an email stating that my unit had "moist part" inside due to improper storage or liquid spillage. I can't imagine how this would have happened because I'm sure that I kept my laptop in a secured place and I never spilled any liquid on it. I brought this issue to various people until I was referred to the MSI repair services supervisor, Ms. Claire Amaca. I was then informed that my complaint will be brought to "step 2" more than two weeks ago. She told me to wait her advise through text message about the result of my complaint. Until now, I haven't received any text message so I decided to send my complaint through this portal. I am asking for immediate response and solution to my complaints. I want an update please. This problem has been annoying me for the last two months. Thanks!

MODEL / UNIT DESCRIPTION:

Nurse Supervisor
    emie_dating@yahoo.com

• Te
      17th of Apr, 2015

I am fully unsatisfied with msi service in india because of slow process and delay of time.I was having msi r9 270x graphic card and in that i was having an issue of display and i send it to service centre of delhi from mumbai they given me same graphic card after 15 days without repairing/replacement and again i am sending it to delhi they are delaying the time. Very poor service of msi in india. msi needs to update services in india and another cons of msi is they do not have service centre in all city rather than in delhi.Asus has best service in india and in four days they replaced my graphic card.