M.S.E.B / Worst electricity board ever!

1 India Review updated:

Maharastra State Electricity Board is the worst Electricity Board ever. I stay in kalyan(W). I have changed the bulbs which consumes less power. In the day time 7 hrs total current is cut but the bill will come upto Rs.1,000/-. They r not taking the reading correctly and sometimes they do not take reading at all but put the same amount of previous bill.

People in the building r stealing the current and when we complaint they dont take any action. I am really fed up with M.S.E.B.

Comments

25th of Feb, 2007

I wonder if this complaint would ever be responded or taken care of. Why is load shedding responsibility of Sub - urban and rural Maharashtra. Why are big cities exempted from the same? Neon signboards and dazzling showrooms are necessities of people in urban India and normal tube and fan are luxuries for semi- urban and rural Indians. As a citizen of India I demand for my 'RIGHT TO EQUALITY'. I understand that MSEB is going through tough time to stand up to the demand. However, I can just hope and pray that the State Government would ensure proper distribution of our BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE requirement.

• Do
      27th of Apr, 2007

In my experience few people are there, who tap from our power connection and use. They use for all the equipments and do not take care of the usage since they know that they have swapped the power connection between them and us. This will happen to those who use very less (working people, mostly out and comes in the evening). This is my experience and once I caught my neighbor! Then they said, they do not know etc. You can check up this, you have to put off the main from your home and check whether your meter is still running or not. If your meter not stopped, then, yes... meter is taped. Before doing this on/off exercise you have to put off your refrigerator /air conditioner, if any.

2nd type of electricity thieves are more dangerous. They connect all heavy duty house hold equipments without Earth. Earth point will be used as neutral point. By this their meter will not work. Danger is all the other house's electric equipment will get shock when they run their equipment. An ELCB can solve your problem and to find this problem.

• Ab
      27th of Oct, 2007

I stay in Dombivli. There is invariably a load shedding for 5 hrs in a day in month of September. First of all I don't understand why should the common man suffer with this in spite of paying the bills regularly and promptly.

When I go out on the roads, I see a lot of dazzle on the roads. Huge lamps are used by jewelers and other showrooms.. Isn't this a wastage of energy ? Why is this allowed ?

If 5 hrs in month of September then how much in May ?

MSEB is making lives miserable. How are they gonna compensate ?

• Ba
      26th of Apr, 2008
    M.S.E.B. - Billing
    M.S.E.B.
    India

i am living in Mundhawa, Pune.
    M.S.E.B. peoples are not taking readings & sending average bills.
    Also sometimes they send 4 to 6 months bills. how anyone can pay 4 to 6 months bills at a time.
    please take action immediately.
    thanking you,
    Bala Shankar.

• Sh
      5th of Jun, 2008

one of the person in nearby building is using AC continously, but the bill he pay only of Rs 250 per month

Add : Jay Prasad villa cop soc
    Near Itihass soc, manjarli /badlapur link road
    near jadhav colony badlapur west
    dist thane 421203

• Ne
      16th of Dec, 2008

i am posted u my complain everytime no seem to answer back is this real complain centre or just some time pass for the net viwers to see what is happening in the world .

pls get back to me fast since i dont want my power to be cut off by MSEB

if some one can really help pls come out & do the needful

We busy life people after paying the elericity bill we have to suffer & no seem to help on this matter.

Dear All,
    MSEB AMBERNATH BRANCH

Subject : Excess bill for the month of Dec Meter no : 90070893688

Reference to the above subject request you to kindly check my bill & resolve the matter at the earliest

1) We are working people we leave the house at 7am & come back home at 8 pm our house is locked. when we are back home there is no light due load shedding

2) Our keys are kept next door when the reading person is there in the next door my neighbour open the door and ask your mseb person to take the reading

3) Inspite of the door open the bill mentioned door locked.

4) Present bill rcvd for the month o dec 08 reading show as "Present reading shows 24800 Last reading shows as 23781.

5) I have taken the reading as on dated 14/12/08 shows as 24898

6) I did not rcvd the bill for the Month of OCT-08 & NOV -08 when we visited MSEB officer MR. Jalvekar told me that we have credit bal in your account that is why the bill is not issued to you

7) i asked him to issue me the minus amt bill "he said we don't issue credit bills "

8) I asked what is the amt credit showing, "He said about RS 3221.00"

9) How can it be if i had the credit amt is bal, why did they charge me Rs 3490.00 for the month of Dec-08

10) Now i would bring to your notice i paid your bill from OCT-07 Till AUG -08 for the reading showed to me 23597.

MONTH UNITS AMT PAID
    SEPT-08 122 380.00

NOW I M ATTACHING YOU THE BILL RCVD FOR THIS MONTH
    MONTH & UNIT MENTIONED ON THAT IS TOTAL WRONG I HAVE ALL THE PAID BILL WITH ME

REQUEST YOU TO SLOVE THE MATTER WITHIN 24 HRS OF TIME

Looking forward towards your kind co-operation in this regards.

Assist to acknowledge receipt of mail upon receiving.
    Thank you.

Warm Regards,
    Neha
    =================================
    SEAWINDS CONTAINER LINE PVT LTD
    H/19, 9TH FLOOR, EVEREST BLDG,
    TARDEO ROAD, MUMBAI CENTRAL,
    TARDEO MUMBAI -400 034 (INDIA)
    TEL : +91 22 43405678

and my full addressis
    Kad Prayas
    Jay Residency 2 Nd Floor, Fl-32 S No7-6-A-2 Wanwadi
    Pune 411040

last month's bill is almost double..as we r not present in the house for almost 10 days...this complaint r also with my neighbour and near flat owners also...please take action against my query as soon as possible
    thanks ...

• Rs
      15th of Nov, 2009

Hi

I am an AAM AADMI and living in Pune, Tingre Nagar. I still remember the days I spent in Pune during 2004-05
    when there was 24 hours electricity and no cuts at all.

Now a days I could feel that we are so poor that we cannot supply the electricity properly?????

Whats he reason, every now and then electricity cut, I just want to ask WHY????

Today is Sunday, I thought that I will work and started working in my laptop using internet again happened samething...

Please tell me when we indian will say that we do not have Electricity prblms anymore???

Why Electricity cut whole day on Thursday????

If any big shot reads this comment then please Sir, come to a normal house leave for a week and then think what we do and how do we manage/////////

• Ga
      4th of Apr, 2010

hi,
    my Consumer No. is 001521543392
    and my full addressis
    Manvel Pada Road, Near Shastri Vidyalaya
    Virar (East)

Yesterdya, that is on Sunday there is normal loadshading of 8 hours other than that at 8.30 pm there no electricity since today at 9.35 am.

From 8.30 pm onwards we are trying to contact at Virar East MSEB office they are not reaching the phone.

At 11.45 pm I again called up at the electricity office 02502525830 they told me that the office has shifted at Sant Nagar and you have to take a bill and make your complaint this is at 12 am at night. They also gave me the Landline Number 6815554 and the cell no. 9977549947, 9960681735. I try first the landline number there is no response, then i try the cell number they pick up when i told them they kept the cell, again i try that cell number the person kept it SWITCH OFF. The landline number is not picking up by them upto morning till 7.oo am.

When we pay the Electricity bill at regular time.

But when we complaint they dont take any action. I am really fed up with M.S.E.B.

thanks ...

• Su
      11th of May, 2010

Hi
    I am staying in Dombivli there is a frequent power cut in these areas nearly about 6 to 7 hours daily. Our MSEB Board is the worst board. I don’t know how the people are working; there is no one around to supervise. The MSEB people are very lazy people. Because once when we were traveling by train, we noticed that in the mid afternoon all the street light of Ambernath, Ulhasnagar, Vithalwadi, Dombivli, Kalyan, Diva, Mumbra, Kalwa etc are on. This is simply wastage of electricity where no one is taking care. Instead of such huge wastage of electricity, we would have saved this electricity and minimize the hour of power cut in these areas. I would say our Indian Government should give the contract of supervising the MSEB board to the private agencies who in turn will keep the track of entire track of supply system current. Our Country is the best country but because of such lazy .. very very lazy lumps we are going down which effects of economic also.

If anybody is paying attention to this complaints, please look into this matter as very serious one.

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2011

Is there any use of placing these comments over here, if yes then please do let me know how many of above issues are resolved.

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2011

I had faced the same problem (POWER CUT EVEN AFTER PAYING THE BILL) and tried to contact all numbers which ever mentaioned over the electricity bill, and no wonder none of them were functional... THIS IS HOW IT WORKS IN INDIA..Only Hope is People like ANNA HAJARE...come on Sirji hum aapke sathi hai

• Ge
      16th of Oct, 2011

we have a great problem iam from shastrinaagar mulund. here all students exams going on ... but 4to 6 day n night no current, but funny shanker tekdi n rahulnagar all huts no problem ... they hardly have power cut today it was limit 9to 11am then 4pm tp 7.45pm ... now how come kids study . if u call no response or simple way dripping why ... why do govt give so much of malls in one area . may be it is the problem do some thing . any officer reading it do some something ...mulund west

• Ve
      1st of Nov, 2013

We are from katemanevali kalyan east area, we have received exorbitant bill of Rs 25, 076, although no one was staying in the house as the consumer was being treated for a heart surgery. We have given all proofs, even of past consumption that bill for past one year was not more than Rs. 630. After much consistent efforts of waiting from morning to evening in office of MSEB they hve issued revised bill of Rs 19, 057 which is absurd. When asked for explaination on this revised bill they tell that "it is already been updated in their system so they cant changed and someone else must have used your connection." We are in v difficult situation as we cannot pay such high bill. If someone can help then please contact : priya_212_2007@yahoo.com or 9820948546

1st of Oct, 2014

what is wrong with this MSEB... if they can'supply proper electricity then pls stop your nonsense and let reliance and tata do their work

i stay in ambernath east and i face a ###ing powercut randomly at anytime in a day and this is so irritating...

if someone is working on the computer for hours n suddenly there is a powecut and the whole data is lost wihout saving...how would he feel...the while time spent on workin was a waste...WT[censored]

i actually don't think complaining here is going to help us, but still, lets hope they take some action against this problem...afterall hoping is the only thing we can do...

man this gov. suck...