MSEB / No Actions on Powert theft complaint!

India Review updated:
4.15
MSEB is the worst electricity board I have ever seen. I am fed up with daily 6 hours powert cut in our area (Dombivli, MIDC). I have lots of example in our area where people steal power and the in one example they don't have a connection since last 12 years, and using the power like anything throughout day and night.

I had logged a complaint against them in MSEB office but of no use. We need to suffer because of these kinds of people.

Comments

Kh
  21st of Dec, 2007
i am unable to do registration for my cellphone to view bill through internet
An
  23rd of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Sir,

I am a resident of Virar(W), Thane (Dist.) Mumbai 401 303.

On 21st Jan 08 my wife had gone to the electric bill collection centre at 'Prachi Building' on the ground floor to pay up our electricity bill. It was just around 11.a.m. (A Board showing Timing : 8.30 am to 12.30 noon and 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.) when the lady at the counter refused to collect the bills saying that there is no electricity and would not collect the bills as the computers are shut and also that she has received ORDER from 'TOP'. This irritated most of the people and there were heated exchanges of words. Those in the queues demanded that she manually write the bills as was done previously before installing computers. But the lady at the counter did not budge an inch.
My wife and her friend finally went to the 'Datta Mandir' Bldg. opp. to Sanjeevani Hospital, paid up the bill and that too the person who accepted the bill gave us a manually written document.

My father is an bedridden aged person and my daughter is 10 months old, in order to get rid of the bill my wife and her friend quickly made an autorick to pay up the bill at 'Prachi Bldg.'

I would now like to know from you when a person should go and up the bills? as there is no end to loadshedding which has now become a permanant feature in Maharashtra (excluding Mumbai city). OR I have a wonderful suggestion that you shut that collection centre.

Anil
Sa
  11th of Jun, 2008
not providing service on time please take action
Pr
  28th of Jul, 2008
My family resides in Virar(W), Thane District, Mumbai 401303. We stay in a 2BHK apartment. And our monthly bill used to be in the range of Rs. 500 -1000 per month. Against which we had complained against many times, and also asked to change the meter. However the MSEB board officials are the most un-cooperative offcials only suggesting that he new meter could be worst.
Other 2 BHK apartments bills range from just Rs. 250-400.
Secondly during last 2-3 months when the power cuts are more than 8 hours it is a simple calculation that the power consumption goes down drastically; however at the end of the month the MSEB bill is still around Rs. 800- 1000. Which is surprising and completely illegal by the MSEB Board.
In a way government is cutting power but billing people extra for supplying zero power also. This is frustrating and should be checked at the earliest. If MSEB cannot look at the complaints, they should point us to the right set of authorities who could listen to their consumers complaints.
Sh
  4th of Aug, 2008
I am a resident of Mumbra, Thane. The regular load shedding for Mumbra seems to be 8 hours a day. For our area, the load shedding time is from morning 9am to 1pm and evening 4pm to 8pm. Out of 24 hrs a day we stay for 33.33% of our life without power. This is disgusting...

To make situations worse, there is a complimentary power cut as well, which can happen anytime during the day or even at late night.

The quality of power supply is also not good with fluctuating power supply.

We as a regular tax payer should not be further taxed with such inconvenience. Is there anyone who can answer, on what basis does Mumbra has a 8hrs on load shedding where as other areas have a less number of hours of load shedding? Who is responsible for the quality of poor Power supply. And what corrective measures would be taken by MSEB for the unaccounted power cuts apart from the regular 8 hrs power cut.
Sh
  4th of Aug, 2008
In spite of lot of complain the mseb at (mumbra) is not aware of commom people hardship, if the boad of director are not able to cop up with accute shortage of power failer, pls for god shake leave ur job, and hand over to some private firm, there are too talented people with lot in management field, i being an electrical engineer, the answer to this problem is bais, you (MSEB) are running away from problem.there are lot of private generation firm around M.S who provide bulk power on lease. AS earlier 15 days back i e-mail to seneior section engineer (MSEB) about this proble at that period of time the load sheading lasted on for 04 or 05 hrs, snice then you have increase to 08 hrs and more. If your are much worried of your system, improve your lose due to improper transmission. there are 100 of fault in your basic system, if all this happen then why should pay for in time, inspite of paying and bearing hardship, we are in 21 th centure.pls try to work on this issue, is there any one to respond to this problem andmy querry, i would be glad

thanks & Regard
  21st of Aug, 2008
Dear Sir,

I am resident of Virar East-Thane. my new consumer no is 001521765921 and pc no 1/03/0027/1526.

Virar East and west is developing rapidly, the population increase double within 2 years. where as the Mseb bill payment counter at Maknojia complex near naragi phata virar east thane is permanently closed by mseb since one month.

We are the fix monthly income group and have to take leave to pay our electricity bill. we have to rush virar west office to pay our bills, where we find a long que. we have to wait minimum of 1-2 hrs to pay our bills. The problem comes wrost when light goes off, the cashier give mannual receipt which take lot of time. Also staff are not co-operate with our querries.

My complaint is as follows:
1) Increase the Bill payment counter more than 1 and time shall increast upto evening at virar west office
2) Reopen payment counter at virar east and new open bill payment counter at virar east & west for consumer convienence.

regards,
ravindra sutar.
Bh
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I live in Balewadi area in Pune city. Recently there is ongoing road work and eletricity work in place for Commwealth Asia Games 2008, to be held in October. Due to this, we people are facing severe power cuts, almost 14-15 per day. This is really not accepted. They shouldn't do all this work sacrificing a normal peoples routine life. Recently there was a power cut on Friday(20 Hrs), Satuday(6 Hrs), Sunday(13 Hrs). Is this what is called "MANAGEMENT". Was MSEB sleeping that they started the work on the very last moment. MSEB is the worst board in our country. They should be actually punished for doing such things.
Ve
  6th of Oct, 2008
Dear Sir/Madam, ,

Iam a resident of Subash Nagar, Pokhran Road 2, Thane (W) - 400601

The electricity bill registered on my daddy’s name Mr. Cagitan Manual Mascarenhas.

It’s been almost more than 6 months that we are not receiving out electricity bill at our home address mentioned in the bill. It is always found to be with the neighbors, once our neighbor handed over our bill after the due date and we had to bear the fine.
We had requested the concerned person to drop it at our house but to our dismay he is still continuing to give our bill to our neighbor, I personally feel the bill is meant to be confidential document which can be misused if it falls in wrong hands.

We kindly request you to look into this matter on urgent basis.

Anticipating your co-operation in this regard.

Thanking You.

Regards,
Veronica Mascarenhas
Vi
  5th of Jan, 2009
Respected sir,
I Mr.Vikas talreja living at ulhasnagar. we have 2 floor bunglow living with my family i.e we are 3 families.In april we were having 3 phase meter load sanction 7kw.at that month the light officers had came to check the meter. and they had remove the seal of the meter by themselves and when we told them that y they had removed the seal they replied in an abusive language that do whatever you want to do?after that they taken the meter in testing department there they didnt found any fault but they told us that our meter is running abount 50% slow than the original speed.and they had given us the recovery of Rs.78, 100/- and 56, 000/- compounding charges. we were not in the position to pay such a huge amount of billi.e Rs.1, 34, 100/-but coz of the childrens semester exams we had paid the said amount.after that they had changed the meter and given us the meter of 14kw. but we didnt want that much kw.after that they had not given us the bill for 4 months i.e. may, june, july, august. and in september they had given the manually written bill amounting Rs. 65000/- as we are not running any factory in our house theny we should pay so much bill for residential purpose coz of this we had sue a case in court and we got stay from court but then also in next month they given us a two month bill of Rs.24000/- and they cutted our light frm the main poll and they are harrasing us alot.and they had taken 24000 and we had paid coz court has given us order to pay the amount and said if no fault will seen then it the above amount will be refundable to you. and after paying that the light officer has switched on the light from the main poll by taking bribe from us they told that give us the bribe then only we will on ur light from the poll.the officer who had taken the bribe are :- division officer Mr.masne, Mr. kokre, Mr.patil, Ans the main cheif officer Mr.lohar.
Now as we want to have 3 meters I.e 1 for 1st floor, 1 for 2nd floor and 1 for stair case. and we are ready to pay the required amount but they are refusing us to give 3 meters. and they are asking us for bribe otherwise they will not clear off our matter and they will not provide us 3 meters.

so I request you to please hepl us.
or tell us what we shhould do.

My name is Vikas.Talreja
My address is Bk/c-63 Room no 373 Kurla camp road, behind lal sai building ulhasnagar 5
Va
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
please take actin against the staff member of beed distict for rural region[ charatha], thease staff memberes relating to bill calculatios, are not giving correct readings and charging more money. from uneducated pepole.
so M.S.E.B has to look into this issue very seriousally.
Fi
  28th of May, 2009
Power theif in Mumbra - Bombay Colony. No one to see or to eradicate the power theif. I want email address of MSEB - Commissioner.
Tv
  14th of Dec, 2009
SIr,
This is Vishal Sutar Row House no 73 Sara virdawan, Cidco waluj mahanagar (C/O Wadagaon KO). I have a complaint that my MSEB meter is not showing the reading from last 6 to 8 months, the bill is coming approxmetly.
When Your dept will attand the problem the bill of electric city is biger that i can't handled.
so pl take urgently action.
for your contact cell no - 09850536015.

Mr. Vishal sutar.
  24th of Mar, 2010
Respected Sir,
ceo BSES Rajdhani

Power Ltd.

Savinay Nivedan Yeh Hai Ki Mein BIJLI Chori Karne Walon Ki Shikayat Nov.2008 Se Andrews Ganj BSES Mein

1-2 year Se Kar Raha Hu, Lekin Abhi Tak Meri Complaint Ko Lekar Action Nahi Liya Gaya, Jiski Date Or Diary No- 26--02--09, 14--03--09, 31--07--09 Ka Diary No--164, Aur 07--09--09 Ka Diary No-232, Aur 21--01--2010 Ka Diary No--387 Hai Jiski Abhi Tak Koi Sunwaai Nahi Hui.

CHORI Karne wale Ka NAME OR ADD---- (RAMESH KUMAR )D-362A, KRISHNA PARK DEVLI ROAD KHANPUR N.D.--62

CHORI KI BIJLI KO USE KARNE WALO KE NAME---BHOODEV, JUGRAM, RAMESH, ASHOK, RAJESH.

BIJLI CHORI KARNE KA TIME --- 8--9 PM TO 5--6 AM.

CHORI Karne walo Ka Meter CRN NO----2511168787, 2511231855.

Ye Log Saare Bhai Hai Aur BhooDev Father Hai.In Logo Ne Apne Ghar Ki Baalkani Mein Kuch Connection Kar Rakhe Hai.

Or Vahin Se Ye Log Khambe Ki street Light ke Joint Se Kanta Dalkar Bijli Chori Karte Hai.

Is Address Par Or Bhi Log Rahte Hai Wo Log Chori Nahi Karte Kyonki In Logo Ka Un Logo Se Court Mein Case Chal

Raha HaI.

CHORI NAHI KARNE WALO KA METER CRN.NO--2511207022, 2511235945 HAI.

Kripya Yeh NIJI Jaankari Gupt Rekhi Jaye. Please Is Bar Kuch To Action Lo.

Ya To Khambe Ki Street Light Ke Joint Ka Parmanent ilaj Karo. Mein Chakkar Kaat-Kaat Ke Preshaan Ho Chuka Ho.

Please Give A Answer reply me

Respected Sir,
ceo BSES Rajdhani

Power Ltd.

BIJLI CHORI KARNE KA TIME --- 8--9 PM TO 5--6 AM.

CHORI Karne walo Ka Meter CRN NO----2511168787, 2511231855.

Raha HaI.

CHORI NAHI KARNE WALO KA METER CRN.NO--2511207022, 2511235945 HAI.

Kripya Yeh NIJI Jaankari Gupt Rekhi Jaye. Please Is Bar Kuch To Action Lo.

Please Give A Answer reply me
Su
  18th of Jul, 2010
Hi, iam Sumit Nandy resident of ulhasnagar, address A-120/239 Kurla-camp, ulhasnagar-4 has a constant problem of power cut in the area. there are many industrial shops and units stealing the power, which result in a power cut from MSEB. we pay the regular bills too as well as the rates for units has gone up. It is hard to understand that the MSEB managment in the area in doing, or the MSEB officials are themselves involved in this mess with the business group in the area.

Kindly look into this problem

Sumit Nandy.
  30th of Oct, 2010
Sir,

My new consumer no is 001524133195 and pc no 1/03/0028/4019

Miter no.:- 7613172232

My Name:- Ravi B. Kpase

I am a resident of 403, Saikrishna Apt.Opp.Post Office V.S. Marg Virar (East)-401303.

We stay in a 1BHK apartment. And our monthly bill used to be in the range of Rs. 450 -550 per month. we had complained first time, and I request to change the meter. (I have Four light points and One Tv Point and light on after 6.30 pm )Other 1 BHK apartments bills range from just Rs. 250-300.
however at the end of the month the MSEB bill is still around Rs. 450- 550. Which is surprising completely .This is frustrating and should be check as early possible.

Pleaz my request not ignor if action quickly as soon as possible

Thanks
Mo
  5th of Feb, 2012
sir,
namaskar, me apna name nahi batana chahata .mr. nathu singh rajawat village barodiya, post-didwari teh -malarana doonger, dist-sawaimadhopur, rajasthan, pin 322024, jo hamare ilake ka sabse jyada karodpati aadmi hai or incometax ki chori karta hai .ganv walo se manmani intrest wasul karta hai or jamin kharid kar dusaro ke name ragistry karwata hai or black me wine ka dhanda karta hai or garibo ke sath aatyachar karta hai .me uske bare me jitna likhu vo kam hai mujhe aasa hai ki aap jarur inqury karenge or use income tax bharwange...aapke action ke intjar me ek ...hindustani
Rc
  17th of Jun, 2012
Dombivli is the biggest mumbai's central suburban city but the electricity supply is like a small remote village, The WORST MSEB service in Dombivli, I have ever seen. Those MSEB ### don't have any planning, they don't have proper technicians in Dombivli for maintenance of transformers and over head wires. Slight rain, and power supply is gone. But bills as usual BIG... when these MSEB ### will realise that what their family is eating everyday is the money, people pay as electricity bill,
Se
  13th of Mar, 2014
Dear Sir/M;am,
this is to inform all the authorised and responsible people that there is NOTHING called Honesty with the MSEB guys in any of their divisions...I have been paying enormous amount of bill every damn month for my in-laws home in ulhasnagar where iv been staying for past few months. I have made many many complaints to the concern dept for the same but to no avail.
There is this officer from MSEB at the Hira Ghat section in Ulhasnagar who is very uncooperative and just wants to wash off his hands from any kind of complaints.
I have obtained Complete Records from RTI about the Power supply distribution readings for the area, and it is understood that they do not have valid explaination for major miscalculation of accounting is the records.
I have been told by a Office bearer from the Division that they don't bother about the customers issues, they just have to do their duty that has been asked by their superiors.
I Strongly Oppose such irresponsible behavior by these Public servants, they need to give us valid explaination for the same.

This is all that i can do ...Kyuke sab saale mile hue hai !!
Corruption to aaj ek System hi ban gaya hai !!
Pr
  18th of Apr, 2014
POWER THEFT (MSEB KOPRI THANE EAST)
Respect Sir /Madam
Manager
MSEB KOPRI DIVISION (THANE EAST)

SUBJECT- POWER THEFT

I the resident of Jai santoshi mata hereby inform you
that few flats in our society are robbing the electricity turning there meter off for whole month.
I would make into note to you one of them is Mr.Subash More (A2 wing /3rd floor of jai santoshi mata chs) who is getting constant bill of less than 100 rupees for last many year. Who might have made fraud settings in his OLD meter. Although he has all facilities like AC, TV, washing maching etc. Which he runs daily specially air condition throughout the year.His consumer no is 000030071042.

I sincerely request you to take strict actions and fine him for all those years under section of CHEATING and also those old meter flats who are robbing electricity in our society. I also want you to take action against those officials in your department who are supporting them.

I hereby state you to take action soon as possible and stop me going to higher officials with this complaint. I have also sent 1 copy of this letter to local police station.

Hope you do the needful.
Thanking you