MRI Overseas Property / Lies

TR Review updated:

We invested in Lake View Turkey in April 2007, saying our deposit of 28K euros was safe etc. We took out lifetime aftersales approx 550 euros, which promised a letting and resale service. About 6 months ago and independent agent in Turkey cont6acted us to say that MRI had withdrawn from Turkey and he was taking over the services. We went to a meeting with MRI at Bristol today, the promise was they had some money for us as the developer would not complete our properrty. on ariving at the meeting what they were offering was to offset our original deposit against one of their properties in Portugal or america. we said we were not interested, their director said we had just taken a decision to throw our deposit down the drain. all we have had from MRI is lies and lies. I notice both the aftersales and the main MRI websites are no longer functioning. I think if no action is taken quicky, MRI will shortly not be functioning as MRI. Anyone got any ideas of how to proceed effectively

Mick Lowther [protected]@fsmail.net

Comments

• Ju
      Aug 24, 2009

Mick

Check out other people in same situation - we are also "Lake View"
    buyers and are currently chasing Artev for our deposit back as they will not complete on time.

• Ki
      Aug 24, 2009

We purchased in Portugal - it has been one headache after another. MRI are the biggest CROOKS in the real estate business. Not only did we get ripped off on our furniture - which we are still waiting for! but we paid out €3520 for 'rental management' with an agreed €1000 refund on cancellation - of course no rental management was ever forth coming and we haven't been able to get our deposit back from the nameless, voiceless 'rentals team'! If everyone ripped off by MRI got together we could close them down once and for all!

• Ol
      Sep 18, 2009

I am ashamed to say that, I also believed in MRI and infact worked for them for a period of 3 months. It was extremely hard work, constantly being hassled by the branch manager when out with clients, asking are you at the solicitors yet. However I felt that I was selling a real investment, as they brainwashed you in the training in Marbella. As far as pay was concerned this was also non existant. I was given less than 12 hrs notice and being transfered to Berlin " as i was good at selling" after 3 flights from Portugal I arrive at Berlin, I was expected to pick up a mini bus and show prospective clients around Berlin and the attractions. Then go to locations starting at one side of town, then driving to another. I had not even been in the country 10 hrs. I was expected to no my way around, investment opportunities for clients and locations. I am angry with myself as I never recieved any pay for my sales and they whole venture cost me personally £7500. After many e-mails and calls to MRI I have given up. My payment should have been 24, 000 Euro. So also an expensive mistake. Had I known what sharks they were, I would never have got involved.

• Pe
      Oct 27, 2009

Hi Mick,
    Yes i`m in a similar situation with a purchase at Lake View made in 2007.
    Artev have contacted me and offered to swap the unit for a completed one on flamingo etc and I was considering this until I got a call from MRI telling me not to do anything till I had had a meeting with them.
    I met with them in Manchester today and they offered to offset my deposit against a purchase in either Florida, Portugal or Bulgaria.
    This all sounds positive until you realise that your deposit isn`t being transfered, you are being sold another property with your deposit value deducted off an over inflated purchase price (which I found to be far more than the deposit)!
    This would involve investing further money with thoughts of retaining your initial deposit as equity.
    A `one day only` offer! Don`t be fooled by this, I nearly was, but was glad to walk away from the meeting knowing i`ve not been ripped off any more!!
    The purchase price I was quoted for a sudio in a ski resort in Bransko was 69, 000 euros.
    A fully furnished one bed re-sale, with an extra 20 square metres on the same development is currently on the market with an asking price of 27, 500 euros!!!
    I see MRI have stooped to new lows, capitalising on peoples misfortunes created by this company in the first place!
    Beware!!
    My next step?? I don`t know! Contact my solicitor? Contact Artev? Walk away?
    Who knows, who really cares?

Pete, if anyone wishes to contact me about this: [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Jan 31, 2010

MRI are a Complete RIP OFF.Shown apartments with sea view and Balcony.was lead to believe this was what I was purchasing.just found out that this is not the case.NO BALCONY.Also falsh advertisment by the developers as well.By the way MRI have opened another overseas property company http://www.dccproperty.com/

So watch out and spread the word

• Cp
      Jun 29, 2011

Hi,

I'm not trying to Spam this post or anything I hasten to add it's just that I work for a company called CPC Holding.

My name's Samantha Roberts and CPC Holding is the company, we help throughout the UK and have recently had an enquiry about MRI here in the office which led to a good bit of research and it being added to our (very long) list of problem companies.

It seems that we're able to help in a lot of instances and I spoke to my boss and anyone who gives us a ring and quotes the complaints board we are prepared to give you guys a free no obiligation consultation...

I've been looking at the mess some of the people are in and it quite simply infuriates me.

It's our job to solve problems abroad and I think that there's a lot of members on here that we can help.

The company was formed out of being disgusted at the way some people have been treated in the past and how so many people feel lost in a minefield.

We spend everyday campaigning for clients and helping in any way we can. if anyone wants to ring us you're more than welcome to just have a chat because I can imagine a lot of people are really upset. [protected].

www.cpcholding.co.uk

I truly hope we can help some of you.

Sam

• Ni
      Aug 17, 2014

I too had a similar experience with property in Bulgaria. Sounds like they use the same scam a number of times. I have given up with them now but would be interested in anyone who knows more about what can be done.