Mr Transmission / Ripped Off And threatened

1 5630 Peachtree Industrial BlvdAtlanta, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6785347299

My transmission began to stick in 3rd gear therefor I took it to several body shops to acquire estimates. All of which were priced well over $3800. Mr Transmission was the last shop I took my vehicle to for an estimate (which after speaking with them on the phone they convinced me to have my vehicle towed to them as it was better for the car and was advertised as free on there web information). After lokking at my vehicle Alan contacted me back with an estimate of $998. He informed me that I had been misinformed about my transmission and it could be easily fixed. I was exstatic. But only 5 days later a gentleman named John called me back to inform me they were wrong and now my repairs would be $5800. Over $4000 higher than I had agreed to and $2000 higher than any other shop. I was completely upset. They are the professionals right? They couldnt tell there were other problems originally? After speaking with John I stated I didnt want any repairs made to my vehicle I just wanted to pick it up and take it to Volkswagon for any further service. Just to be told that they had torn my transmission completely apart and refused to reassemble it. Alan also stated they had thrown my gaskets away and would be charging me an additional $400 to replace them. ( I called Volkswagon who informed me these same gaskets only cost $132.95)

I made it very clear this was not what we had agreed upon. Just to be threatened that 1. they will not reassemble my transmission 2. I will be charged $400 for the replacement gaskets 3. they will not return my vehicle to me unless I pay them $998 for the original estimate $400 for gaskets and $180 for the towing bill. And all must be payed in cash! Is this even legal??

I am currently contacting an attorney and making a car payment on a vehicle thats in pieces and being held from me unless I pay them a total of
$1578 Plus taxes in cash just to receive it back to me in pieces because they will not reassemble it.

Please never make the same mistake I did. Do not take your vehicle here!!!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ri
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Please never make the same mistake I did. Do not take your vehicle here!!!