Mr Tiresales pressure

I bought a set of tires from Mr Tire about 8k ago. Included in the price was lifetime rotation. I went back for a rotation and they tried to pressure me in having about $700.00 worth of repairs. I figured it was a big scam and told them I would think about it. After that they tried to sell me a Goodlyear credit card and told me they would give $10.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Abdereen, MD00 off just for filling out the application. I was going to buy a set of tires for my wife's car and was getting ready to set up an appointment but after all the bs he was throwing at me I wouldn't buy a candy bar from his place. So beware when you get ready to buy new tires, once they put your car on the rack they can find a million things wrong with it. My suggestion is to go to Wal-mart, BJ'S, or some other outlet.

Jo

Comments

• Pu
      Nov 27, 2009
    Mr Tire - Unauthorized service performed
    Mr Tire
    507 Dual highway
    Hagerstown
    Maryland

I visited the Hagerstown, MD store this morning to purchase 4 new tires. The sales manager, I believe his name was Dave, told me that a "free" alignment check was included with the purchase of the tires. Dave printed out an estimate that included $89.99 for the tire alignment and when I questioned it he told me that it was only on the estimate to show what the total cost would be if the alignment was needed. He said that if the alignment wasn't done the charge would be removed. I was the first client of the day and the first car in the shop. After waiting 2 hours, for the quoted 1 hour service, Dave came in and informed me that the alignment was needed and the technician had gone ahead and corrected it. Needless to say I was very upset that I was not given the opportunity to review the results and decide whether I wanted the service. Dave simply replied that the technician thought he was doing me a favor. I expressed my displeasure and told Dave that I would not of had the $89.99 service done to correct such a minor out of alignment condition. I was also quite surprised to learn that a $89.99 alignment was a correction of a specific condition and not an complete re-alignment to bring everything back closer to the center line. Learning this made paying for the service even harder to swallow. Dave offered me 20% off of the alignment which I accepted because I had no other option after signing the estimate which included the alignment. I have no intention of ever visiting their stores again. I also intend to share my experience with my friends and associates. Leaving your clients feeling like they got screwed in a tough economy is just bad business!

• Ti
      May 18, 2010
    Mr Tire - tires
    mr tire/monroe
    oaklyn
    New Jersey

I BROUGHT TIRES FROM THE OAKLYN NEW JERSEY LOCATION AROUND OCTOBER 2017 AND THE TIRES COST ME$ 753.00 WITH ALIGMENT AFTER ABOUT 3MONTHS I NOTICED WEAR ON ALL FOR BRAND NEW TIRES, SO I WENT BACK THINKING THEY WOULD REPLACE THEM OR SOMETHING BUT I WAS TOLD THAT WITH THE INSURANCE I HAVE ON THE TIRES THEY COULD ONLY GIVE ME NEW TIRES FOR$ 100.00 OFF
    WELL I TOOK THE DEAL AND I HAD TO PAY AGAIN FOR A WHEEL ALIGMENT AND THE TIRES STILL COST ME ANOTHER $500.00 AND ITS BEEN 3MONTHS AND I HAD A BLOW OUT BUT I DONT THINK I WANT TO GO BACK TO THEM FOR NEW TIRES BECAUSE I DONTFEEL AS THOUGH THESE TIRES ARE NEW THESE WERE GOODYEAR TIRES I BROUGHT AND I DONT THINK TIRES WEAR OUT IN A FEW MONTHS.

• Mo
      Sep 22, 2010
    Mr Tire - accusations
    none
    Ohio

The old manager at stow ohio location was fired for some reason, because he had to many compalints, so he gave oput oil change coupons on a business card. I was one who had a card. The NEW manager along with corporate tried to investigate and interrogate me for using an oil change card. Like I commited fraud. How dare you?? The customer was wrong as the low life manager was correct. What? Stay far away from MR TIRE. THEY DONT HONOR THEIR OWN COUPONS !

• Jt
      Nov 22, 2010
    Mr Tire - Worst experience ever
    Mr Tire
    2610 West Chester Pike
    Broomall
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]

The people who work there are rude, unprofessional and have horrible work ethics. If this team does not come across negligent or incompetent to anyone in Mr Tire's corporate office is very surprising to me. I am surprised that Mr Tire allows this kind of behavior and horrible service provided to their customers. Putting these guys on the front line was a mistake. I hope this location closes down based on their customer service.

• Cc
      Apr 21, 2011
    Mr Tire - donot get what u pay for
    Baltimore Ave
    Laurel
    Maryland
    mrtire.com

I went to Mr Tire in March 2017 to get an oil change, tires rotated and other fuilds top off. The next day i had my windows door and heard a wierd noise coming from car. I took it back and found out the rims weren't put on correctly. Now 3 weeks later my check maintence light is on. Now I have to pay another company to check out my car to see if the fuilds were added.