Mr. Rooter / Fraud POOR Customer Service

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 626-856-8915

The statement made over the phone when you calll Mr. Rooter is as follows, “There's never an overtime charge. Mr. Rooter Plumbers are clean and professional, and it gets fixed right the first time. There is no extra charge for nights or weekends, and you know the price before any plumbing work is performed. Mr. Rooter Plumbers guarantee workmanship and parts.” I called Mr. Rooter to get a quote for service on the sewer lines at my house, I was told that if we had a cleanout that the fee would be $185.00 and that if we did not have a cleanout that the charge would be over $200, because that toilet would have to be removed for the snake to be used. I made the appointment for the plumber to show up between 9 am and 11 am on June 9th. The plumber arrived at the house 1/2hour late. When the plumber started to check for the clean out I point it out to an opening on the north side of the house (outside), to which the plumber Larry agreed that it was the cleanout. After the plumber flooded the line, he ran a 100’ snake from the outside clean out. When he pulled out the snake he said that he had not reached the clog. Therefore, I requested for him to please run the snake from the cleanout that is locate on the spare restroom, to which he did. When he pulled the snake he noticed that he had not reached the clog and he said that we need it to put in a double Y cleanout in the front of the property. The quote that he gave us for the double Y was for over $1500.00. I told him that it was too expensive and that I could not afford it at that time, and I asked him if he had a longer snake to which he said yes. I requested for him to please use that snake to see if he could reach the clog and he refused because it was too big and that it would not fit through the front door. I told him that he could use the sliding doors located in the rear of the house, he refused. Larry called his manager and informed him of what was going on and he told Larry to let us know that the $185 that we paid him would go to the $1500.00 that we needed to pay for the double Y. The next day I called another plumber who was able to fix the problem for less.

NOW I CANNOT GET ANY TYPE OF CREDIT AND I CALL AND CALL THE COMPANY AND THEY JUST GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND. I WAS TOLD THAT THE PROCEDURE IS TO CALL THE NEXT DAY TO WHICH I DID BUT THE GUY WHO ANSWER DID NOT CARE AND WAS RUDE. WHAT A FRAUD.

Comments

• Mr
      24th of Jul, 2009

We are sorry to hear of your customer experince. Your business is important to us and we want to ensure each and every customer experience with our company is a good one. If you would like to speak directly with us, you are most welcome to call our customer service manager at (254) 745-2436 who will be happy to assist you. Sincerely, Mr. Rooter Plumbing Corporation.