Mr Price Group / MRP / late delivery and delivery fees

Pretoria, South Africa

Dear Sir/Madam,
I received a promotional email on 13 October 2017 informing me of a R400 discount on each order over R2000. I decided to do by two occasional chairs of R3000 each. When I accessed the online website the options available to me was to place two separate orders, each qualifying for the R400 discount but each with R300 delivery fee. The other option was to place one order qualifying for a R400 discount and a R300 delivery fee for both chairs. I realised the delivery fee was R300 irrespective of whether I order one or two chairs. I contacted Mr Price Home via the enquiry link two seek advice on how to benefit from two separate transactions (each qualifying for R400 discount) but to limit the delivery fee to R300. I did not get a response before the end of the promotion and I had to submit the order without help from Mr Price Home. Afterwards I have corresponded with Anna who was not of much help. Furthermore, the delivery was arranged for Thursday (19 Oct) which did not take place. After I contacted the logistic company I was informed that the earliest date for delivery was Monday (23 Oct). As you may gather I am extremely disappointed in the service received from Mr Price and I doubt if would do any business with them in future. The customer was definitely not the beneficiary.

Lo