Mr. Lube / inept service technicians

1 MacLeod Trail SouthCalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I brought our van in last fall for an oil change and when we got it home a few days later, I noticed a couple of drops of oil on the floor. It's never leaked a day in it's life so I got the wife to bring it back to the Shop(MacLeod Trl. Calgary) who said everything was just fine. I got an oil warning light yesterday and the engine started making a loud knocking noise. It was due for an oil change, so I decided to try that first. The freaking oil filter wasn't even hand tight and there was only about 1.5-2 litres of oil left in the engine. Now I find out that the noise is most likely from a bent push rod and bearing and a new engine is in my future... and I am pretty sure that I know what the shop is going to tell me... good company.

Comments

• Be
      7th of Mar, 2009

Sir, I work at a Mr. Lube and we take the quality of our workmanship very seriously. I'm sure if you bring your concerns to the manager directly he'll investigate your claim and if they were somehow negligent, they will take responsibility. One thing other readers should consider is what is the age and mileage of the car and what kind of service history it has. The oil filter is near the rear and bottom of the engine and when the rear seal is leaking (the gasket seperating the engine from transmission), it can appear that it is coming from the oil filter.

• Cb
      4th of Jan, 2011

No offense 'Beck" but based on my personal experience and the experiences of others that I have read both here and elsewhere - it would seem that the company you work for is not as forth coming on the problems they cause as you might think. Just once I'd like to see anyone from your company admit that an error on their part just 'might' be possible - instead of offering up all sorts of excuses and pointing fingers elsewhere. Despite what you might believe, you are not perfect. Your company is not perfect and sometimes things just go wrong. The longer your company continues to duck and deflect the worse it actually makes you look. My own experience has now made me a hard core advocate for others who have been screwed over by your company. You too will one day have an experience like this with some service provider and I hope when you do that you remember what YOU did to help the victim... Karma rules! You will get back what you give.

• In
      21st of Jan, 2011

what would u expect?
    it's a company that hires Liars and Criminals!
    and yet still uneducative enough, to perform such simple task as oil change!!?! lmao!
    i suggest learn how to change oil yourself!, if u have a garage that is, or just go to a family owned mechanic shop
    saves time and money. u just buy the filter and oil urself :)
    there you won't risk of such failures, of waiting lines, the yukki coffee, and just the rude and obviously fake customer service, unless you enjoy supporting an unfair franchise?
    anyways..just a thought..thanx for reading :P

• Ho
      31st of Mar, 2011

I would personally try to do my own oil change and if not bring my vehicle to a qualified 5 minute oil change place and get what i pay for...