MPINGI / Terrible experience

1 Nashua, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6031970791

I have had a terrible experience with the MPINGI customer care ('care' is not the word they should be using). When I ordered for their phone service, I received the unit after a month. While placing an order, I was told that there will be a risk free 30 day trial period and if I return t6he service till then, I wont be charged anything. Also, my 30 day trial period was to start on the day I start using it.
Their unit was shipped on 18 July but because I am in a traveling job, I could not receive it until 21st July. I got a call from them on 24th July to check why I was still not using the service and this time I was told that my 30 day time will start on 18th July. The attitude was too bad so I just decided to cancel the service.
I called on 30th July to cancel the service without using even a single minute. In span of 7 days I have been approached 3 times to answer the same questions - "Reason for cancel". Then everytime they call, they come up with a different story - sometimes they say cancellation will take 3 weeks to process, sometimes they say I will have to bear for the charges to return their service and what not.
I have tried to reach those folks many times but no luck!
I am ready to ship back their unit with my own expense and just end all kinds of interactions with them!

People...beware...stay away from MPINGI

Comments

• Va
      9th of Aug, 2008

A really pathetic service.Please my friends do not fall in MPINGI.If you sign up for the service then we will get the device after 3 months, by the time if we change our house then thats all.They will ship the device to previous address and on 30th day they will charge us.I am a victim of MPINGI .Please do not use MPINGI

9th of Aug, 2008

I agree 100% with above complainers in that MPINGI Customer Support Service sucks big time as they have no knowledge of how to provide an internet phone service. In my case, MPINGI sent the devise to me in May, but my contact in India never received the devise to date. I talked to six different people in Chennai (Priya, Devi, Sajay, Rajasekhar, Indajith and two other people with Christian Names!) and none of them seem to know what the hell they are doing. To make the situation worse, they charged to my credit card twice ($54.88 first and then $75.48) even before providing the service. When I complained about it, they said they give me MPINGI Plus service so that I can call India unlimited by using the devise. But the ###ing devise does not work either. Called yesterday (August 8, 2008) and talked to Indrajith to cancel my account, but that ### tells me that someone from MPINGI Managerial Service would contact me within the 24 hours to help me cancel my account, but it is already more than 24 hours. What the ### is going on with these ###s? Why can't they simply cancel my account? Since these guys are fraud, I am thinking of contacting US Fraud Protection Department so that they will stop their illegal activities. You can read the following e-mail from one of the Customer Support person telling me all kinds of bull ###. God help us all!
    Heaven sake, please do not go for MPINGI Internet Telephone Service. If you do, you are asking for a disaster!
    ***********************************************
    Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:56:50 -0500
    To: "Narayan S. Hosmane"
    From: "Support"
    Subject: MPINGI

Dear Narayan,

This is further to your Call regarding the Cancellation of Mpingi service.

I really apologize for the inconvinience caused to you from Mpingi

The amount ($75.48) which was charged to you will be waived off in the next billing cycle.

Also for the month of July you will not be charged since the account is on hold.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to contact our support representatives at 1-888-667-4644.

Assuring you of our best service at all time.

Regards,
    Rajasekhar
    MPINGI Team

19th of Aug, 2008

we are using Mpingi and its working great...we are totally loving...server upgrade thing was told to us in advance that every 3 months or so and will be compensated and they always did...I think ppl who are having trouble dont have good internet in US or in India...I have 2 lines in India and both of them are just working gr8 as my ppl in India have broadband, which is a must for this service...We do had some trouble during the trial period and these guys apologized to us...the time we took was Diwali time and they had heel lot of now connections and very less human resource due to festival...we understood that and took the connection... and not we recommend it to everyone...

27th of Aug, 2008

what you need to do is call you're credit company or your bank you used to place the order and explane to thems whats goin on and thems will contact that company mpingi and fix that problem for you hope at works doit now

27th of Aug, 2008
    MPINGI - Worst service
    MPINGI
    www.mpingi.com

Unfortunately I switched to Mpinigi without thinking much as they offered calling one number to India free and bragged that if I am not satisfied in a month can cancel my service, in two weeks I am already repenting on going for Mpingi, everything is worst, customer care, service, not at all worth even if it is fully free as phone is basic and has to be stable, never go for Mpingi.

• La
      28th of Aug, 2008

Wow, if only I had googled MPINGI, I would have save all the anxiety. It not only SUCKS but makes me wonder if they still exist.

• Mp
      28th of Aug, 2008
    MPINGI - Worst service and very unprofessional
    MPINGI
    Georgia
    www.mpingi.com

Never stick to their commitments. Their servers always keep going down. Either incoming will not work or out going will not work and some times both. Any time you call customer service they give you wrong assurances. I did not have incoming for almost 10days and immediately the next day after the issue was resolved we lost both incoming and outgoing. Very bad service.

• Ng
      29th of Aug, 2008

Very very horrible services...it's nightmare...big lier and don't know what's their objective ? To operate in North America with so much of unprofessionalism... Might as well they just dropped that idea ..

29th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened with me . The incoming did not work for almost 2 weeks and then it worked for 1 days. Now the phone is completely dead.Their support number is not working. The 2 numbers they have on their website now are also not working. I think this company being shut down right now. I am thinking of calling my credit card company and have them cancel my card. So that these guys can not charge me anymore.

• Ka
      29th of Aug, 2008

You guys are absolutely right... horrible service...
    1- First of all the quality of the modem/router is not good.
    2- Above that Incoming and Outgoing always have problem. To call one number atleast try 20 times then if u r lucky it will connect otherwise forget it.
    3- Calling local US number is also problem
    4- No words for Customer Service. The whole thing is down, numbers are not going through. Not even the new numbers they provided. Also Chat is not available now. I have sent 5-6 compaints in the email, no response till now.
    5- I want to cancel the service as well as dont want to pay for the duration I could not use their service.
    6- Initially they told me that there will not be any Activation fee, then they applied $45 activation fee????

Does anyone have any option to stop these guys cheating us??

• Kv
      29th of Aug, 2008

Horrible service.. we are experiencing the same... NO incoming or outgoing... Their support numbers also not working... Tell me a way to cancel their service...

• Mu
      5th of Sep, 2008

I did a great mistake in my life that I switched over to mpingi offerring unlimited calls to india for one number.
    Initially Mpingi people informed that there is a trail period .They charge $46 including shippment charges. If a customer is satisfied then they will start with billing period that is after trial period (for a month). But they have deducted $82 in addition to $46 also. They do not send any invoice for the bill. They deduct as much as they want from our card. Their customer service number is also not reachable(888-667-4644). This says you will be connecting to first available agent. But you will never get connected. Also we had lot of issues in making calls to India.
    I had to spend a lot with my calling card inadditon to mingi bills.

• Mu
      9th of Sep, 2008

I totally disagree with shiv's comments..

Shiv, Are you from mpini team?

Each mpingi customer knows how worst mpingi services are...

Shiv, Try to call this mpingi customer support number 888-667-4644 .. If someone picks up your call to speak, then I can accept whatever the story you are trying to make...

• Kh
      9th of Sep, 2008

DON'T USE MPINGI EVER!!! They will never call you back, their services sucks and the billing is horrible. I went online to check my billing and the billing date is showing up as 1969 dec-31!! *&*&**(& i wasn't even born then!! i've called up my credit company and they are going to put the matter into dispute and i'll make sure these guys don't get even a single penny!

Guys, don't be tempted for that unlimited thing! i did and i'm paying for it with all the trouble i'm having now. nothing comes for free and that's true!

• Ie
      9th of Sep, 2008

i am agree with u even without use they ask u pay the bill in free month, gov need to take action for them how they can do this thing, suppose to clse this company and who ever work there they need to go jail

10th of Sep, 2008

I totally agree with all. This is such a worst company I've ever dealt with.

I think SHIV is the sucker culprit from MPINGi...giving positive feedback. They are fraud company stealing money from peoples credit card.

Please do not ever give your credit card details to this fraud company.

10th of Sep, 2008

This is one of the worst possible services. I joined them because of a good offer for Sun Rocket customers. Right from day one we hated this service.

I had to approach BBB for some problems to get resolved.

Here are the problems:
    - People have hard time reaching MPINGI number.
    - From some numbers people can not reach me at all.
    - The connection gets disconnected.
    - Access to toll free numbers has always been a problem. If it works for couple of days, it does not work for couple of weeks.
    - Customer service is a joke.
    - Had to approach BBB to sort out my problems.
    - I will disconnect the first day after my contract is over.

19th of Sep, 2008

Shiv, we know you are from the MPINGI team, team of frauds. Do you even feel bad about misleading the public for a few bucks? Get a real job, don't be a thug.

Had the worst experience of my life with this ### company. First THEY tracked me down somehow and reached on ym phone to advertise about heir service. I was naive enough to give them my details. That time I did not have a credit card as an international student, only a debit card. They shipped the item that reached me only on the Jan 28th according to a marker on the package. I forgot all about the box and never opened it. Cancelled the service on Feb 25th but got billed $56.99. Called them to complain about their customer service which said that they would call me to assist me with the installation and information about how to return the package. No one had called me ever! So I was pissed with them as I did not realize they were already starting the cycle. I asked them why I was billed when I canceled my membership in time, they said that I had completed the cycle! According to them, I received the device on Jan 26 and Feb 25 was 1 month. I told them well, even though I did not receive the device on the Jan26 its still exactly ONE month Feb 25. They said that they work IST so it was more than 1 month for them!!! So they work EST for shipping and IST for billing. Cheats.

So I am sitting today 7 months later having forgot the bad experience. I suddenly find that they have debited $99 from my bank account!!! I called them a couple of minues ago and they said that they charged me because I never shipped the item back. I told them, they never gave me an adress to ship it back. They said that an email was sent to you regarding this. I told them NO SUCH EMAIL WAS SENT! they checked and said an automatic email is sent to everyone when they cancel. A LIE. Then they said they give a 2 month period to send the device back, and at the end of that they charge the fee for the device. I told them its not 2 months its 7 months! they said they will call me back in 4 days. I know they will not return my money, what should I do? Everyne please return thier device if you can.

23rd of Sep, 2008

This MPING Bast...s are charging $99.00 6 Months after I canceled the account I canceled the account even before I received their device since theyh delayed in sending the device and asked them not to send any device I am happy with current calling card, I am not going to use their service, now I am calling my credit company to reverse transaction and put the transaction to dispute.

I don't suggest to use MPING inseated use Packet8 or other VIOP since you are calling more often your Parents / In-laws then use Handset with Speaker to do conference from your Parents / In-laws house to call other releatives that will work out very well.

23rd of Sep, 2008

NEVER BUY MPINGI !
    I RETURNED THE BOX, AND THEY ASKED ME TO PAY THEM 99$. THEY SAID I DID NOT RETURN THE BOX. I WENT TO THE USPS SITE, AND FOUND THAT THE BOX WAS RETURNED ON TIME. KEEP ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PROOFS IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP. BE VERYYYYYYYYYYY CAREFUL !!!

DONT GET TRAPPED.