MPC / Terrible experience

1 Nampa, ID, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Gateway laptop in July 2007. It came with a 3-year extended warranty through Gateway Professional. A few weeks ago my power port failed so I went to call Gateway to have it repaired. I found out that they had sold their Professional division to MPC in Oct. 2007. Calling MPC resulted in no one ever answering the phone. I chose to email from their site and after waiting several days for a response, I did some research and found out they had just filed for chapter 11 days earlier. I then emailed Gateway to find out what my next course of action would be. I was informed that MPC was the place to call and given yet another number. Calling MPC resulted in no answer, once again. I again emailed and also emailed Gateway back. I checked out MPCs website and found a page stating that they are not honoring extended warranties period! I informed Gateway and the company that I bought the computer from and neither cares too much. Gateway claims they have no liability and tell me to keep calling. Calling and emailing does nothing because apparently no one works for MPC now. I feel strongly that Gateway is responsible for these extended warranties. Shortly after Gateway sold their Professional division to MPC, MPC started experiencing financial difficulties. I would be interested in whatever lawsuit ensues, as I am sure that will be the next course.

Va

Comments

Sh
  20th of Nov, 2008

I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again. http://www.aamarbangla.com

Me
  26th of Nov, 2008

Purchase Gateway M285-E August 2006 with 4 year warranty - power jack has failed

My family and I have purchased Five Gateway Notebooks and one PC since 1995 form Gateway. This is the second time a power jack has gone on one of our notebooks. Gatway did a terrible job fixing the power jack on my brother's notebook - it broke after the 3 month warranty (by a few days) and they would not fix it again.

Now they have transferred my warranty to MPC and my tablet notebook broke. I can't even get a human to talk to or to respond to my emails.

I have been trying to contact this company to fix my tablet Notebook for over a week. I get put on hold for hours with no response - I've sent several emails (4-5) to their tech email site and I get no response. How can this company get away with this? What should I do?

My family and I will never purchase a Gateway machine again and we are telling are extended family and friends not to either!