MPC/Gateway / Warranty issues

I have had several phones calls to MPC and Gateway trying to get my computer fixed. Gateway is telling me that this problem belongs to MPC and MPC won't even take our call. I have a perfectly good computer that I purchased an extended warranty with and now Gateway won't stand by the warranty. First of all, to anyone that is considering a computer DO NOT buy from Gateway. They are a horrible company with terribly rude customer service personal who will not try to help you. Second, if you a person going through this same situation write back and tell me about your situation. I was considering starting a class action lawsuit and I wanted to see how many others are being hurt by the same MPC/Gateway situation.

Ul

Comments

• Mi
      5th of Aug, 2009
    MPC/Gateway - Terrible quality control
    MPC/Gateway

I cannot even believe how low the quality control is at Gateway. Tablet PCs are shipped without a Windows repair disk, and files get corrupted seemingly weekly. The tablet pens stop working after about 4 months because they didn't check if the manufacturer used appropriate materials - the steel spring and aluminum battery get so corroded that the pen stops working. My battery won't hold a charge at all anymore, I have to plug it in to use my computer. I don't know what they think quality assurance means, but to me it means never buying another Gateway.

• Fr
      28th of Dec, 2009
    MPC/Gateway - Stay away
    MPC/Gateway
    gateway.com

I have had my hard drive blow 4 times because the computer overheats. DO NOT BUY Also continue to complain to the attorney general about MPC and Gateway. My computer was replaced and now the new one they sent me has blown the hard drive. THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM EXISTS

• St
      12th of Apr, 2010

I am the director of a small non profit organization that ordered 6 computers from MPC in 2008 for use in an after school program. the computers were never delivered. For several months they pretended to try to track them blaming the shipping company who I was later told by a MPC employee was refusing to deliver any of their products because they hadn't been paid. We are out approx. $8000.00 with no recourse. I was told that the bankrupcy court would send something out so we could be listed as a creditor however this never happened.