Moving ONUP / changing prices and delivery date

3389 Sheridan stHollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-668-6687
Received quote from Moving onup on Nov 19, 2008 for 250 cubic feet for $955.00 at $3.82 per cubic foot. I agreed to the quote of $955.00, of which I measured the cubic and also at my storage unit, by 2 other people. They came on the 20th and due to the fact that I did not use all of my available cubic feet I added up to the 250 cubic of extras that I was going to dispose of. Movers stated they would be there at nine am, they did show at 9:15, no big deal we all have traffic. They brought breakfast and coffee as they sat on the back of the truck, of which this should have loaded in 30 minutes. Breakfast was 45 minutes. Half way through when loading they decided they forgot fuel shurcharges. Price just went up, by another $100.00, now they are almost done and were doing the paper work, interesting price goes up again. Another $402.00 or $500.00 to unload.
I have the original quote and the paper changed for the price increase. What choice do you make now, I ‘m late leaving town on my move, this is 2 ½ hours later with 3 guys and all their cigarette breaks, I asked is at least the truck to be in Denver on Monday as stated.
No it’s going to our warehouse, where it sat for a week, now they state they will be here on Sunday and pay driver by cash only, no credit, no other form of payment, on Sunday, or all your items will head to L.A. to be sold, no numbers to call to verify. Sunday comes no driver yet, call him, he doesn’t work for moving ONUP and do I have his cash, he will consider Monday delivery. He reminds, I see no cash, in his broken English, you don’t see your things, I sell them, I explain I have the cash, he says you pay me before anything. Please keep in mind they already got the $1040.00
I still have nothing this Sunday and no answer on company phones.
This company will rape you, and now I await if I will every see my things again after 11 days.

Comments

Ca
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Update to Moving ONUP 2 more days have passed with the promise of delivery, has not happened, not they don't answer telephone, The driver for Moving ONUP now is is subcontracted by them and really works for Super Movers. Have sent in dispute to BBB and amin office won;t discuss this. Very unprofessional company