Moving On UpFraud and scam

D Review updated:

They delivered my items on the correct day, but I never received a few items and most of my items were damaged. Here are the items I never received: Olevia 32' 720p LCD HDTV, Smith & Hawken welcome mat, Grooved frame silver wall mirror, 2 paintings one large the other medium size, and the glass top to my Malibu nightstand. Here are the damaged items: Broken glasses from Mikasa, plates & mugs, broken halloween decorations, toaster is dented & scratched, many items were dirty with black filth on them, wooden shelf is broken, tall fan is broken in half, tall jewelry box is destroyed, 1 mover cut his hand & got blood on a few of my things, couch & loveseat are both dirty, dresser is broken & chipped, halogen lamp shade is cracked, washer & dryer are dented & scratched everywhere, bar stools are dirty, dented & scratched, same for the kitchen chairs and table, end tables are chipped, entertainment center is scratched, my dvds were broken, the tv that was delivered is scraped on the front, all of my xmas ornaments, cookie jar, plate & ceramics are broken.

I sent them the pictures of everything and they have offered me $185 for my trouble when there are $3200 worth of items both stolen or damaged. They are rude and act like this is my fault and never bother to contact me on what is going on.

More Moving On Up Complaints & Reviews

• M
      Sep 30, 2009

As with any large company that has been in business for a prolonged period of time, there are occasions when our customers and our staff do not see eye to eye. Moving On Up™ thus offers arbitration to our customers through the Better Business Bureau in the event that any damage or loss has occurred during a move. While we cannot guarantee that every claimant will be satisfied with the outcome of their claim, we nonetheless aim to provide professional and courteous service to all of our customers.

Moving On Up™ acknowledges and accept our duty to compensate our customers for loss or damage to their property by the agreed liability valuation of 60 cents per pound per article, as required by law, as was the case for our customer, Ms. Nicole Beck (see above). Given the nature of Ms. Beck's claim, her initial offer of $185.00 based on her valuation was raised. Ms. Beck accepted the new offer and a compensation check for her damages was issued to her, and Ms. Beck collected her payment.

Moving On Up, Inc.™ is a nationwide company with two corporate locations in Orlando, FL and Hollywood, FL, both rated, upstanding members of the Better Business Bureau. Our dispatch office in Orlando, FL proudly boasts an A+ rating with the BBB. These ratings were hard earned by never failing to respond to the needs and requests of our customers. Our complaint history shows that our company responded to and gave proper consideration to our customer complaints.

The best way to protect your items when moving is to prepare before your move with proper packing of all items, especially glass, packed dishes, costly items such as televisions, and especially irreplaceable items. All moving companies offer a standard valuation, so we strongly suggest moving insurance for even the smallest moves.