Moviedownloads.com / Cannot use service, no Customer Support

1 ?NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: NONE

I signed up with moviedownloads.com on 10/11/08 and paid with a credit card. I did not get a receipt for the transaction, but I checked my e-mail and I was charged $44.83 through Paypal, right away. I was supposed to receive an e-mail with the details, but never received that message. There is no phone # to contact them, only on-line, but that's been no help. When you click on the Support link, there is only a line that says Customer Service, and the rest of the page is blank. I have tried this for 3 days now, with no success. So, AFTER reading bad reviews about this website, I think I have been scammed. Next time I have to be more careful and read the reviews BEFORE I try anything.

More Moviedownloads.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

He
  8th of Jan, 2009

When you look at thier website it gives the impression that they, themselves, have movies to download.When you go to pay, they offer three "join" choice, one year, two years, or lifetime;each with a slightly higher cost.I opted for the one year to try them out.What you get is the uTorrent download manager, PERIOD.It had the option of searching Google, which anyone can do without any extra software beyond what comes on your server or BitTorrent, which brings up basically the same stuff.You have to search torrent sites to find what you want and most are illegal downloads.
It's then you realize that you just paid your hard earned money for a download manager that can downloaded FREE at the uTorrent home page or on other sites freely like Filehippo.com.Luckily I paid with Paypal and never gave out my credit card number directly.Filing a dispute with Paypal got my account credited back by the Clickbank that this scam artist "download" site uses.I got off easy.

Ly
  11th of Feb, 2009

Unfortunately, I gave out my credit card number. Now I'm going to have to watch and make sure there aren't any unauthorized purchases. I feel used. This was not what I expected when I went to their website. I was looking for something easy to use, and instead I got all this uTorrent garbage. I have requested a refund twice, with no response to either request. If you don't want to lose your money, then STAY AWAY from this website.

To
  8th of Mar, 2009

I'm looking for a good download site for movies, so I searched out some reviews of these sites. One review boasted that "this" site was the best, while another said "STAY AWAY" .

Moviedownloads.com was pouted as one of the very best with an unconditional 60 day money back guarantee.

I'm really glad that I was able to see what others experienced and grateful to them for the time and effort it took to report these thieves.

Can't trust ANY favourable review unless it comes from someone you know and trust.