Movie &THE UNBORN& / Inappropriate movie ad!

VA, United States Review updated:
1.65
I am writing to address the content of a movie advertisement that has been coming on television now for a few days. This movie ad has been showing on stations like NBC and USA, along with others, at ALL times in the day. The name of the movie is "The Unborn". I do not think it appropriate the content of this advertisement being displayed on television in the way it is. I have a 5 yr. old daughter and I have to scramble for the remote control everytime this movie advertisement comes on your station. Why is that? Take a look at that ad and tell me it doesn't give you the creeps, let alone the fact that a five yr old does not know the difference between what is real and what is not. That ad gives me the creeps and my whole household watches scary movies, so we are used to seeing those kinda things. I do not think I should have to run to cover the eyes of my child or explain why some dog has his head turned completely around and why some little boy is mangling people and people are crawling around all twisted and mangled. It is sickening and is completely un-called for. Especially not while we are watching sports or kids programming. That is ridiculous! I think ya'll should take a better look at the content of these kinda movie ads in the future. Not everyone wants their child to be introduced to that sick, twisted world of make-believe quite so early on in life or ever for that matter. They should review the content of this ad and in the future use better judgement. If you wouldn't let your child watch a movie like this, why allow an ad show the VERY graphic sections of the movie while in the middle of watching cartoons. If they must show this ad and see nothing wrong with that kind of content being shown to young children, then show the ad at a time that children would or should be in bed. Television networks do that with sexual contented ads or other ads to this nature all the time, they show them after like 10pm. That way children, and adults, do not have to be exposed to that twisted world if they choose not to. Something should be done about this. T.V. networks make it so frickin difficult for someone to file a complaint that is not based directly at a show itself, it is stupid. If anyone knows how o get hold of a complaint dept. please help me to stop this graphic of an ad to be displayed to our children.

Comments

Lu
  24th of Feb, 2009
Well, i don't think anyone should judge how inappropriate the movie is unless they've actually seen it. And just because those people don't enjoy scary movies, then they really shouldn't be concerned with them in the first place. Thank you very much.