Movement Sales Enterprises / Never received purchase

1 205 Belden StreetMichigan City, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 219873-1080

Never do business with door to doors unless you can purchase onsight. I purchased books from a door to door salesperson because she was trying to stay "clean" and this was her "last sale of the day". The books would take 6 - 8 weeks. Never received them. Called and was told books were "discontinued". Had to fax for a refund. 6 weeks later still no refund. Called again, check was being sent that week. 2 days later received call from them stating books were sent 3 weeks ago and if i wanted a refund would have to return them. I haven't gotten them. Lady on phone wouldn't let me speak to anyone else. Absolutley nothing I can do about it. They got me...Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me...I can guarantee I won't be fooled again.

Ka

Comments

• Me
      13th of Dec, 2008

I also got scammed by 2 young men that approached me while I was walking my dog. I fell for their polite and moving story about how they were trying to get out of their terrible situations. They claimed they were picking themselves up out of Watts and Compton and are trying to do better for themselves. We chatted for a while on the street and I thought they were extremely friendly and sincere. I even offered them something to drink and wrote them a check for more than what the magazines cost, so that I could help them even more.
    After they left, I then looked online and found this site. My boyfriend said that he thought it was too hoakey and we both tried to believe we were helping out hard working young men.
    We then immediately placed a stop check with the bank and are watching our account. I don't think we will ever get the magazines and decided to be safe than sorry.
    DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM LIKE I DID!!

• Gc
      11th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a thesaurus, which I never received. I placed the order on Halloween (appropriately enough!) and finally called in February, only to hear that the book was no longer available from the publisher. Now, they've sent me a magazine list to choose from - and none of the magazine subscription prices are covered fully by my purchase credit! A scam - how are they still in business?