Movemeant Sales, Inc. / Pushy untruthful salesman

Last night, a young man came to the door with the same approach mentioned in other complaints. After the amounts of the magazines kept going up, I finally told him the amount I was willing to spend on magazines. He quickly drafted the sales agreement and asked for a check in that amount I agreed to spend (imagine that!)

Afterwards, he asked if my supper was done. He said that it smelled good. I told him it wasn't done. He saw a bag of chips on the counter and asked if he could have a bag of chips, too. That interaction left me feeling uncomfortable, so I "Googled" the company to find the complaints on this site. I called the company to ask about the refund policy and was told different information from the policy stated on the back of the receipt. I intend to cancel the magazines and stop payment on my check.

It's too bad- as I really liked the concept.

Comments

• Lo
      18th of Dec, 2006
    Movemeant Sales, Inc. - Magazines not received!

I ordered three subscriptions in September 2006. I called the company on March 7, 2006 and was told that the subscriptions would begin shortly. They never arrived. When the sales people, who say they are trying to better themselves, come around just say no!

• Mi
      30th of Jan, 2007

Movemeant Sales Inc. La Porte Indiana

This is a company that sells magazines through door to door salesmen that are 'trying to better their situation'. I ordered a two year subscription through one of these door to door salesmen (at a higher price than what you can get through the magazine itself) but because this company 'helps' those inner-city individuals who are trying to improve their lives I thought it was worth the higher price. I had ordered my magazine on October 13 with full payment. The delivery time was suppose to be two months. When my magazine hadn't shown up 3 1/5 months later I called their office. I was told that they would look into why I hadn't received my magazine yet and they would call me back. I did not receive a call back but a letter a couple weeks later informing me that my magazine is no longer available. I was suppose to select another magazine at the same price from an attachment that listed available magazines. Funny thing is that my magazine was listed on the attachment.

I called the company to inform them of my new magazine choice. The individual that answered the phone informed me that I need to send them a letter requesting my new magazine. After that letter was received it would take another 6 weeks for my magazine to arrive. I asked if I could just get my money back instead. In order to do that I would have to send a letter a copy of the order and proof that the check had cleared. They would issue a company refund check sometime after that. She wasn't sure about the turn around time.

So, they have had my money for 5 months and I don't have a magazine and I don't know when I would get a refund.

Be very cautious about ordering.

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2007

I had a bad experience with Movemeant Sales. Two representatives pesterred me into buying magazines and I told them that I couldn't afford them. They wouldn't back off.

Movemeant Sales is a an organization that is bad news. They are to be avoided.

If people approach your home claiming to be from a charity or non-profit organization, just tell them to leave or you will call the police.

• Yo
      3rd of Jul, 2007

I used to work with them the bosses of the crew don't like to see couples together if a girl gets pregnant on the they fire the girl and keep the man and he finds a new girl friend and then denies his daughter you only get paid 35.00 every week depending on how much you sell.

• Yo
      4th of Jul, 2007

### movemeant sales

• Wf
      28th of Feb, 2008

Movemeant Sales Enterprises is Not a scam I have backed tham up for almost 10 years straight now and I have seen what they do for innercity young people. I found it to be true that this company/organization to be more effective at providing jobs and equal oppertunities around the country than any church or nonprofit org.I have been to the seminars that they have for the next generation and to me the biggest way to make a difference in lives is to be there for the lives and we all could agree that most of us can not give them 24/7 like the aspiring mentors of movemeant sales are. I see the complaints but to every great company has its dishonest employees including my firm so before judging this company ask yourself can you honestly say that everyone that youwork with or who works for you is honest? If your answer is yes then God must be the only one who you work with or works for you.

20th of Jun, 2008

I used to work for Movemeant sales all these complaints are because of dishonest sales pople not the company. I heard of this company through an old friend of mine. It really changed her life she dressed talked and was just a totally different person and had left the street life behind. It really wasn't the best job I have ever had but I tell you what it really changed my life. I learned how to speak to professionals, set goals for myself, and learned that if I really want to make a change in my life that it is upto me. I used to be into the club scene I didn't have a job or any goals and i was living in a roach motel. Now I work for a publisher and I sell ads for yellow pages and get sponsers for a childrens news paper in california. The experience and work ethic that i learned from this company is priceless! This company changed my life and so did all those people that bought from me, and I wouldn't be the person i am today if it weren't for Robert Jackson, and his Movemeant!