[Resolved] Movecorp / moving

London, England, Greater London, GB Review updated:

If you want a summary of my story, my suggestion is go away from this company!!. If you want the full story, keep reading. I used this company to move from london to rome. The moving was pretty easy, they were 27 boxes, 2 tv and 1 home theather (All in the original boxes, since they were xmas gifts). It was a total of less than 3 cubic meters. After an initial quote, I asked for an insurance due to be sure that everything would be arriving. I paid both moving and insurance prior to moving and a couple of days before I was contacted by them to be informed that the mover they were using (Yes, they don't do moving directly, they use third parties services) couldn't put all boxes on one platform, so I had to pay more. Obviously I didn't, and after a day they contacted me again telling that it was not necessary. They specified the day of collection, but not the time. So, after waiting from 8 am, they arrived at 17:30. I helped them to load the truck (Even if on the conditions they should have done it, since I live on the first floor). The delivery had the same problem. They told me a day (A friday), I was home, and they didn't come. One day of holiday lost. Called my contact person and she was on holiday. The colleague told me that on monday morning someone would have called me for the new delivery. Other day at home, noone called. Other chasing, no news. On tuesday morning I was called from an italian courier informing me that in 30 minutes they would have delivered. I run at home asking for help. They arrived after 2 hours. The tv (50 inches) was on the platform on a side, and they used it as base for other boxes!!. Both tv and home theather boxes have heavy damages on the boxes and the main tv lcd is totally broken. Some other boxes reported damages but they were dresses or not fragile items. After contacting the company, they informed me that since they didn't pack the stuff the insurance cover only fire or loss. It seems that since they don't pack (Asking money for it) they're authorized to don't take care of the boxes. Something is a damage due to the a fragile item, something is taking a fragile item in his original box and use it as base for other boxes!!! In my opinion is bad handling. However, both manager the sales person involved were lacking of professional ethic. I'm just proceeding with a legal action. Beyond the cost of the tv itself, I really don't like being fooled by people that don't take their job seriously using the fact that often the cost of the legals is less than the item broken. Ah, just to be fair, they offered me a refund of "40 gbp" as good will from their side!! Ridicoulous, since it doesn't cover neither half of the insurance I paid for having a working tv!!

• Resolution statement

Manager called me and offered a refund for all the issue. He was pretty nice and we solved the dispute. Most of them were due to the proxy provider.

Nov 10, 2016

Comments

Nov 10, 2016

To be deleted. Already notified to administrator.