Mountainside NJ / Hilton Head Sc Post Offices / The post office ruined x-mas!

It is X-mas day 2006 and 2 little girls in South Carolina will not have packages from "Santa" to open today because of the poor and inexcusable service from the Postal Service. On 12/20/06, my husband went to the Mountainside NJ Post Office and paid for a PRIORITY SERVICE package to be delivered to my sister and her 2 children at Hilton Head, SC. The woman behind the counter told my husband that the package would "definitely be there before Sat. Dec 23th". On Friday night (Dec. 22nd), I went on the USPS website to track the package and it only showed that it was accepted at the Mountainside NJ location - 2 days after it was dropped off and they had no additional info on the package! I found out this morning, when I called my sister to wish her Merry Christmas that my 2 little nieces who eagerly anticipated Santa to come did not have any gifts from their Aunt, along with my poor sister. I was crying and my day was ruined. This is just inexcusable. There is no "do over" for X-mas and the disappointment of my 2 little nieces. How would the Postal people like it if their kids did not receive their X-mas packages on time? SHAME ON YOU, POSTAL SERVICE!

Va

Comments

• Sh
      6th of Feb, 2008

I sent my three small grandchildren, Christmas gifts also thru the mail, and like your story, they have to this date, received nothing... I went to the post office here (TN) and asked about the missing box, got the reply there was nothing they could do to check. My daughter, went to the post office in (OHIO) and they where real rude to her..

I like you cried and I am still upset over this, because of the children. I had made all the gifts myself (knitted) and I am fighting Breast Cancer and I wanted them to have the items so they would know and remember, I love and care enough, to take the time to make them Months of work out the window,

I am so sorry to here that it happen to you and your loved ones also...

Sharon