MOUNTAIN CREEK WATER PARK / DANGER PARK UNSAFE

200 STATE ROUTE 94Vernon, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9738648444

I HAD NEVER FELT SO UNSAFE IN A PARK SINCE I CAME TO THIS PARK. I FELT LIKE A HORRIBLE MOTHER TO ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO GET ON RIDES IN THIS PARK.

1- NOT KNOWING I WENT ON THIS RIDE CALL THE COLORADO RIVER, WHICH HAS A FAMILY RAFT THAT SITS 4 PEOPLE, SINCE WE ARE 5 I ALLOWED MY 3 KIDS TO GO ON THIS RAFT ALONE AND MY HUSBAND AND I WENT ON ANOTHER. THE KIDS WENT AHEAD AND WE WENT AFTER, I WAS SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, AS YOU GO DOWN THIS RIVER, YOUR RAFT BANGS INTO THE WALLS ALMOST TILLTING, YOUR BEHIND BANGS INTO EVERYROCK ON THE WAY DOWN AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORST YOU GO DOWN A BLACK HOLE WHERE YOU BANG INTO EVERYTHING TOO.

2- THUNDERFALLS, ANOTHER RIDE WHERE YOU SIT ON A SINGLE TUDE AND GO DOWN A RIVER LIKE SLIPE. THIS RIDE WAS HORRIBLE, THE FIRST THING THAT HAPPENS AS YOU GO DOWN IS YOU SLAM INTO THE WALL, AGAIN ALMOST TILLING YOU OVER, WHEN I BANGED INTO HE WALL MY FEET SLAMED INTO THE WALL AND GOT SCRAPED UP. THEN MY BEHIND KEPTED FALLING IN THE HOLE WHICH INTURN HIT EVERY ROCK ON THE WAY DOWN TOO.

3- KAMIKAZE SLIDE - A LARGE SLIDE - MY SON WENT DOWN THIS SLIDE AND HIS BODY TILLED TO THE SIDE A BIT AND HIS HEAD TILTED TO THE SIDE OF THE SLIDE WHICH CAUSED HIS HEAD TO SCRAPE ON THE SIDE AS HE WAS GOING DOWN.

4- SIDEWINDER - A SLIDE THAT REQUIRES YOU TO GO DOWN ON A MAT - THIS SLIDE GOES DOWN SO FAST THAT WHEN IT TURNS IT ALMOST CAUSE YOU TO FLIP OVER, WHEN THIS HAPPEN THE REST OF YOUR LOWER BODY COMES OFF THE MAT CAUSING YOU TO HAVE YOUR THIGHS SCRAPE AS YOU CONTIUE THE RIDE.

I FELT LIKE A HORRIBLE PARENT, THESE RIDES ARE VERY UNSAFE, THEY ARE A DEATH TRAP READY TO HAPPEN. I HAVE GONE TO MANY WATER PARKS ALL OVER THE WORLD, EVEN IN MEXICO AND I HAVE NEVER FELT SO UNSAFE UNTILL THIS ONE...PLEASE BEWARE OF MOUNTAIN CREEK WATER PARK.
Je

Comments

Ge
  20th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Mountain creeks water rides are exciting and thrilling. A few scrapes at the waterpark are no big deal. That does not make it a "death trap".
These are thrill rides!! If you want a "safe" experience, find a park with a lazy river and stay in a tube all day.
Obviously mountain creek is not for you, however it is safe and lots of fun if you can handle a few scrapes and a little excitement.
Br
  7th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been to many water parks and Mountain Creek has got to be one of the safest and most fun. Anyone who is reluctant after reading this complaint should put their worries to rest and have some fun for the day, as it is purely safe and thoroughly enjoyable. The roughness of Colorado River simulates white water rapids and is, in my opinion, one of the best rides the park has to offer. As a seven-year Mountain Creek lover, I've never experienced any true fright or feelings of danger, and know of no one who has found this ride unsafe and unenjoyable. The rate of fun and the memories made compensate for the negligible amount of minor scrapes at the end of the day.