Mountain Area Communication / Fraud and cheating

A friend of mine had a problem similar to the ones everyone here was having with the company calling and saying he had won something but he had to buy magazines to get it. The company that contacted him was called Blue Mountain Communications. They also do business under the names Blue Whale Publications, Wonder Time Magazine, Worldwide Preferred Publishers and Premier Reader Services.

I told him it was a scam, fortunately he was able to get his bank account closed before they took much out. I helped him file a report with the Better Business Bureau, I got the address from the bills they kept sending him. I was amazed by how many complaints had been filed against Blue Mountain Communications in Peoria, Illinois.

You fill out your complaint with the BBB in the City and state of the billing address on the bill they send you. The BBB will send a copy of the complaint to the BBB and then will contact you with the company's resolution.

I thought it was interesting because the response my friend got from Blue Mountain Communications said that they did have proof by recording that he agreed to buy the magazines (this was never denied by my friend, but he had tried to cancel and they wouldn't let him) apparently these kinds of programs are called Paid-during-service programs and the account IS CANCELABLE upon written notification to the company. WOW he was never told that at any time by the company!!! Anyway his account was closed and nothing more can be charged to the account as of the date I sent the complaint to the BBB and it was received by the company.

I hope some of you that have been ripped off can maybe get the automatic withdrawals and credit card payments stopped this way.

Me

More Mountain Area Communication Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ka
  10th of Jul, 2009

I rec. a phone call on June 24, 2009, saying I had won a $1000.00 shopping card. At first it sounded good. They asked for info. do you have an open bank account just to verfiy that you have one I gave them the info. I asked many times you are not charging anything to my account until August 1, With in seconds they had stolen over $400.00 out of my account. When I called them back they denied it the bank at my request canceled my card. The bank and I called 3-way to talk to a manager they would not discuss the matter, but when I called to talk with a manager KELLY, said if I would give her my bank # pin# she would fax over the what I needed. IF I WOULD HAVE DONE MY HOMEWORK AND LOOKED UP THIS SCAM I WOULD NOT BE SENDING THIS COMPLAINT!!!

Kr
  24th of Sep, 2009
Mountain Area Connections - Scam

I got a phone call today saying I won a $1000 shopping spree, pretty good right? No. I am a college student who was told that he won a shopping spree through his visa extras account, which I have. Now I am paying 40 bucks a month on magazines that I probably will not even get. This company will go down, I promise you that. Everyone will be involved, Attorney General, Governor, Police, Lawyers will all be used with full force to bring these ### down. I do not even know how people who work for this company can live with themselves.

Gr
  10th of May, 2010
Mountain Area Communication - scams calling me threathened me
mountain area communications
sedville
Tennessee
Phone: 213-283-5931
mountainareacommunications.com

this women keeps getting my information is sending to nonpublished address and information as now i had to put complete block on home number and cell phone and also im getting harrasment calls after another about in between each other about every 2 minutes so this women tells me she has people in the jails and the prison system saying i will be killed or they will hunt me down if i dont pay her $398.99 for discontinued magazines i never recieved at all fraud alert as i asked my acct at bank of america to canel all my accts and i went to a new bank and got a newer checking acct so my bank as im insured so i got money back so im asking this lady be put out of business and reported to comsumers

Ri
  10th of May, 2010

It's against the law for creditors to threaten consumers. Record the phone calls and report her to the police department. You can contact a lawyer and sue as well. There was a program on TV and a couple got $1, 000, 000 from a company that was threatening them over a debt.

Check the above government website for help.

Ga
Waianae
Hawaii
Phone: 808 722 7410
kpoki@aol.com

wrote letters called on the phone no one answers . can anyone help me get my money back from mountain area communication company.
if theirs so many people complaning way are"nt we getting help from the goverment or someone up high.or the BBB.what should we do please help us..