Motorola / w220 speaker not working

1 India Review updated:

I made a complaint at redington india limited, saraswati vihar, gurgaon for my w220 handset that was in warranty period. I was not able to hear the voice while receiving or making a call. Its speaker is not working. They said that checkout after two days, but 8 days have passed and they have a simple lame excuse everyday that we are short of the required device. Finally I decided to take the set back and get it repaired somewhere else.

Comments

• Ro
      17th of Jul, 2007

I second that and agree to what stated above by Anil K. The hardware support and service is extremely poor and below standards. I own a motorola e6 and had to get the motherboard replaced from redington india in just 2 months of its use as mobile stopped charging.

To make it more worse just after few weeks from motherboard replaced, the speaker sound problem arised. No sound coming for media files (mp3 songs, videos, ringer alert style selection, etc...)

My suggestion to all those having future plans in buying motorola sets is that prefer spending on nokia, sony ericsson or other handsets but don't ever go for motorola unless.

16th of Sep, 2007
    Motorola - Service issue!
    India

I gave my Motorola V3I under warranty phone for service at your service center in Delhi i.e Motostore (Smart Mart) in Lajpat nagar on 5th Sep. I was not getting Display on the LCD. Service engineer told me that it's metal dome is defective and u will get your Mobile within 5days but till now i didn't get my phone back it's already 10 days. Everytime time i called up at your service center they give me lame excuses that it's not repaired yet, we don't have parts n all even he is not able to give me a estimate time in how many time they will get the part. Everytime he says pls call after 1 or 2 days... If motorola can't provider parts then wht's the use of this big network or service center... pathetic service from motorola... i think i made a bad choice by taking motorola phone...

27th of Oct, 2007
    Motorola - Network issues
    India

I bought a motorola Z6 on 17th of October 2007 which doesn't register to any network what so ever, even if it does some times it is not possible to make or receive any calls from the cell phone.

I went to a customer care centre and the managed upgrading the software ( thats what they said ) but to no avail it still doesn't register to any network.

as the cell is withing warranty and the defects it has are none of my making I would like to demand a complete handset exchange for this defective handset.

Today is 28th of October and i remember making 1 call from the date i have bought this cell and sent 1 message that too contained the words 'ami aschi' to a friend of mine.I have had made up my mind to go to the Police station and lodge a GD and also refer this GD number to Customer Greviance Cell.

God Bless me and Motorola

• Me
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Discontinue. Not intended to subscribe. Only wanted free ringtone as advertised.

• Va
      11th of Jul, 2008

Its too bad, looks like nice phone, but the two I have had will not hold a charge for a day and without hitting the ground while in my pocket at work I have cracked both phones(front glass) as well as the screen going on the blink at will, cust service or att store are not willing to help with as they say "damage" also finding this phone in stock has been a problem, as well as getting the problems of this phone out in the open a guy in line at the store had the same problem and as myself offered him a new battery...it the phone not the battery...good luck!!!

• Mo
      18th of Jul, 2008
    Motorola - Non repairing of phone under warranty
    www.motorola.com

I purchased motorola W220 model on 07/09/2007.Recently around 15 days ago i put my phone on charging n suddenly there was sparking in the phone and the phone got switched off and stopped working. When I went to the motorola service station at vikas marg shakarpur, new delhi. Those people said that it could not be repaired as the phone had got wet sometime but this was not true the phone had never been wet. Apart from that they were very rude and on insisting very much they sent they kept the phone and returned it after few days stating that it could not be repaired for free, it will cost around Rs.2000. I am very annoyed with this sort of behavior and approach from motorola and i never expected this.

• Tw
      27th of Jul, 2008
    Motorola - bought cell phone and service
    Just wireless
    14057 lorain ave
    Cleveland
    Ohio
    Phone: 216-324-6225

i bought a cell phone and service on july 16 -08 this is july 27-08 this cell service was through T-mobil. from day one this phone would not work as it should i could not keep calls on or re-dial without getting failed calls i have been back 6 times and received a different phone 4 times but with the same results, i received a call from their survey company which i wanted no part of sense i was very upset with all of it. i suppose they operate with the assumption that they can rob one person and it doesn't matter. i am out 111 dollars yes but i will survive it..all i want to do is try and use the lousy phone until the service payment is due on aug the 19 then i will get another phone from different server..today is sunday july 27 th 08 i tried all morning to call people i know and all i got was failed call, i called the survey service and the call went straight through 3 times no problem now i might be some dumb but i am not plumb dumd..

• Ad
      30th of Oct, 2008
    Motorola - Motorola Mega Jackport
    Honey Way Drive, Unite Kingdom.
    United Kingdom
    Phone: + (44) 7045735717
    motorolaclaimsdept02@live.com

On 21st October, I got an email from Motorola Meaga Jackport that my email address has won an award sum of 400, 000 (Four hundred thousand pound) and was told to contact Mr. Lawrence Alison to claim my winning prize. After claiming, Mr. Lawrence Alison assured me that me that it is true and he gave me three choice to get my winning. I choose the third choice which is Wired Transfer. I have given him my bank details as stated by him. After that, he named a western union bank to transfer my winning and asked for £550 (Five hundred and Fifty ) Great British Pounds sterling’s for the transfer of the winnings directly to my bank account. I told him to send my cheque to the pescribed bank account whichwas sent before to him and informed him that after receiving the amount my bank will pay him but he didnot send my winning amount. Again he send me an email claiming the tranfer amount £550 (Five hundred and Fifty ) Great British Pounds sterling. Plz enquire the fact and confirmed me what I should have to do.

29th of Nov, 2008

DAY 14.NOVEMBER I GOT MESSAGE FROM MOTOROLA
    In line with the commemorating event marking our 41st Anniversary we rolled out over £16, 000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 41st anniversary . All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.
    AND MY MOBILE NUMNUMBER WON A 500.000 Great Britain Pounds . . .
    DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT?IS THAT SOME JOKE

• Ki
      24th of Sep, 2009
    Motorola India Pvt. Ltd - Refusal to fix phone under warranty
    bardekhb@yahoo.co.in

model no. MOTORALA C168 & EMEI IS : 358916004696451 My mobile is theft. Please Lock the Mobile Set.

• Su
      5th of Oct, 2009

lost my cell motoslvr today (05-10-2009) with imei no. 356900010680735

• Ba
      20th of Nov, 2009

DAY 02.NOVEMBER I GOT MESSAGE FROM MOTOROLA
    AND MY MOBILE NUMNUMBER WON A 500.000 Great Britain Pounds . . .
    DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT?IS THAT SOME JOKE or a SCAM???

from,

• In
      5th of Jan, 2010
    Motorola - Poor Quality
    India

I bought this mobile last year, from that with in 4 weeks the mobile is hanging frequently. It’s performance is very poor. You have to wait for at least 5 seconds to search a number or photos. Totally this is the worst model from Motorola, not worthy for its cost. Only best thing is it’s very handy and the picture clarity is good, that too not more than other mobiles. The key pads are also hard and not easy to use. In my mobile, the number key "1" is not working properly, i have to press more than once for dialing / typing. Typing message is not easy, we need more patience for typing messages. In this model, you can not use head phone while charging. Usability is also not good compared to other mobiles. It can be easily get scratches in its outer display. Totally Motorola U9 sucks.

• Yu
      6th of Jan, 2010

sir,
    iam ramesh from kerala sir my number is orkut in fake id please help me number is 9895887823 my no in use fakers pls help meeeee more id is this number
    iam using in 2 more ac is gmail thats no problem but fakers in disturbe me day minimum 50 calls in my mobile

• Bo
      15th of Jan, 2010
    Motorola - Refusal to fix phone under warranty
    Randolph
    Vermont

My 16 yr. old daughter purchased a Motorola i9 phone with her own money three months ago (fall of '09). She had taken very good care of it, since it was her money she had spent. She was upset one day because it would not charge anymore. After trying different things we determined the problem was not the battery or the cord, but was within the phone itself. The phone had not been dropped or mistreated in any way an looked perfectly new. So we called the Motorola co. and asked what could be done. They told us to ship it to them and they would have one of their repairmen evaluate the phone and fix it. So we did. We received the phone back almost two weeks later with a note saying they would not fix it because of "physical damage." We noticed that the phone had some scratches and dings that hadn't been there before and the USB port was messed up--looked like they tore it apart. The phone was not like this when we sent it. So we called the company back and explained our situation and the lady (who was hard to understand) told us to send it back again, which we did. The phone returned to us a couple weeks later with the same note inside saying, again, that they could not repair the phone due to "physical damage." I again called the company and the lady (once more almost impossible to understand)was not helpful and rude even though I remained calm. She would not let me speak to a supervisor and she would only give her first name, which I don't think was even her first name. She told us to send the phone back to be re-evaluated. I refused and said that this would do no good. I wanted to know what the company protocol was for when their own repairmen ruin a phone or give it physical damage that wasn't there before. She could not answer me, nor would she let me speak to anyone else who could answer this. So, basically my daughter spent $300.00 for a phone that lasted all of three months, if that. Motorola has the worst customer service I have ever witnessed.

• Es
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

4th of Aug, 2010
    Motorola - Avoid buying Motorola at all costs
    motorola.com

I purchased a Motorola mobile in the last week of Jan 08. Model no. is W220. First of all it damaged in Oct 08 (i.e. within 8 months of its purchase. I had bought it for Rs.5000/-. When I went to the shopkeeper from where I had purchased, he asked me Rs.200/- for repair or he advised me to go to the service centre as it is under warranty. I went to the their service centre in Sector 14, Gurgaon, Redington india Ltd. on 04th Nov. 08. They tried there itself and gave me back saying that it is okay now. When I checked, found it was not working. They kept the same and promised me to give back within maximum 4 days. On the receipt given by them the IME no. is 356453010829761 and Work order no. is GU/MO/08/06244 dated 04.11.08. Now after 4 days, whenever I call them, every time I get a chance to talk to a new person and they simply say the concerned person is not there, ask for all the details and promise that they will get back but noooooooooobody reverts. Now the case is I have been calling them since last 3 days, either I receive a voicemail recorded as “Mailbox is full” or whenever by chance the bell rings, nobody picks my call, even if I call by any landline number. I have become very much frustrated. I literally need my phone back as all required numbers are feeded in that only and also I don’t have any other mobile.

• Ju
      13th of Aug, 2010

unsubscribe

• Ne
      2nd of Nov, 2010

On October 31st, I recieved a message " Attention:

In line with the commemorating event marking our 41st Anniversary we rolled out over £16, 000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 41st anniversary . All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and submit the below verification worksheet via email attachement or fax"

They asked for my passport copy and some personal details, GAVE me 3 choices of how to recieve the prize and when I chose corrier they aske for the corrier charges in advance about .
    OPTION ONE (24 HOURS DELIVERY SERVICES)
    Courier Charges £ 160.00 00
    Administrative £ 143.00 00
    Insurance £ 270.00 00
    TOTAL £ 574.00 GBP
    IS THIS PROMOTIN TRUE OR IS IT A SCAM, SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER ME? PLEASE

here are the addresses and contacts they usMotorola —(United Kingdom)
    Redwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Business Park
    Tel: +44-7024-052-919
    Fax: +44-7006-001-618

Blenheim Road Lancing Business Park

Lancing West Sussex
    BN15 8UQ, United Kingdom.