Motor Maxx / Bad service

1 Front Royal, VA, United States Review updated:

I went to purchase a vehicle. I called the dealership to see if the car was available. They said yes, so I drove 26 miles to go see it. When I get there the window wasn't working so they were fixing it (this was on a Monday). That�?�¢??s good they were fixing it. They said we will have it fixed tomorrow. So my dad and I drove back (another 52 miles round trip) to see the car. It still wasn�?�¢??t fixed but we were able to drive it. We liked it so we placed a $100 deposit on the vehicle. They said it would be fixed on Wednesday. We weren�?�¢??t able to make it back until Friday so we set it up that we would be back Friday night around 6:30. When we call Friday before we go back over they say the car won�?�¢??t be ready till 3. So since we already had arrangements we told them we would be their Monday. They call us Monday at 6:30 and say the car is ready and detailed. When we get their on Monday (6:35 pm) they are still working on the car, it was never cleaned, or detailed. So we went inside anyway and were told it would be five minutes. The manager who was doing our paper work was on the telephone. He continued on the telephone until 7:15 pm (40 minutes). Once we started the paperwork they decided to change the price, the warranty option, and the processing fee. We finally got it all straightened out and finished the paperwork. When I went to the car the back door didn't unlock, the window still wasn't working, and the check engine light was on. We told them to call us when the problems were fixed and we would let them know if we were still interested after this horrible experience. They called us within 12 hours. It makes you wonder if they fixed the problem or just reset the check engine light so we decided that since all the other cars on the lot were in open carport areas on jack stands it wasn't a good sign of how they do business.

Va

Comments

• M1
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I wish I would have read this before I purchased my car from them. I went on February 19th to purchase a 99 Saturn SC2, I left a $300 deposit and they said they would have all the paper work written up and everything ready (the car washed and detailed) when I came on Monday to pick up the car. On Monday I left work at 12 to go pay on the car it took me about 10mins. to get there. There was 3 people in the office 1 sales person, and the Manager who was tolking to the Advance Auto Chic. Neither one them knew what I was talking about when I told them I wanted to pay for the Saturn they acted as if they were afraid to take my money. Finally after much conviencing they took my money (I paid for the car in full 1636.00) I was half hour late getting back to work because nothing was ready paperwork wise. I told them I would be back later in the evening to pick the car up. I arrived back at 5pm and it was raining outside, they did wash the front window but the car was not detailed and it had that "old car" smell to it, I didn't complain I got in and drove away. Oh yeah did I mention that I had to buy the three tires it needed to pass inspection before I could even purchase the car? ($150). About 2 weeks after I drive off the lot the clutch cable link broke ($302) I also did not call them I bought the car as is and although on Saturday I was offered the extended warranty on Monday no one knew anything. Today is the day my 30 days tags die. I had to call and check on them. (I am getting another set of 30 day tags.) In this day and age when the economy is shaky and money is tight, Customer Service should be at its best! It is free to give and if done with a smile you might get more business. Motor Maxx does not have customer service in Fact Mary the Manager will actually have an arguement with you. I will never by another car from them. To bad for them to, I am getting my daughter a car for Graduation! If anyone knows of a used car dealership that prides themselves on customer care please share the info.

12th of Nov, 2011

sounds to me like you bought a pretty cheap car. For that price i would not complain too much. I bought 3 cars from them in the last 5 years and have never had a issues with any of the employees there. They are all nice and have great customer service. The second car i bought had a check engine light turn on about a month after i bought the car and they told me to come in and they would fix it free of charge. I did so and bout 3 hours later i picked up my car and since then it has given me no problems. Thanks motor maxx for being a stand up used car dealership.

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2016

Husband and me brought a car from Motor Max in Front Royal, Va, before the month was up on the warranty. We told them that there was something wrong with the car, but they said they could not find anything wrong with it. So we took it to a garage and cost over $3000 to fix it, almost what we pay for the vehicle, plus we have to buy tires for it because it would not pass in section. Then they would not back the warranty on it, because it was over the 30 days. I telling I would not buy vehicle from them..