Motherhood Maternity / Ridiculous return policy/customer service
I bought a Pre-natal Listener a few months ago from the store in Palmdale, CA. When I got home, I opened the box and found a battery in place and a missing manual. These were evidences that the item sold to me was not brand new in the box. The box was labeled "BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED " but contained one. How else would the manual be missing as well?
I went back to the store, 2 days after, and asked for an exchange. That is also in compliance to their 10 days return policy, I thought. I was told that they did not have any more of those. I asked for a refund or a store credit instead. I was told that because these items (not clothes) were just retailed by them, they cannot give me a store credit. I have to ask FIRST SOUNDS (the manufacturer) instead. They will be able to replace the item for me if First Sounds replace them. I explained to the manager that for that small amount (about $30), she could give me a store credit and they can complain to their supplier about giving them returned/not brand new in box items. I am Motherhood's customer -- I bought the item from them and therefore require to be reimbursed by them. I paid for a new item and did not get one, it is just fair to get my money back. I was even flexible enough to accept a store credit, but that too was not possible, according to the manager. I have to jump to another hoop to get my money back. Before I get a replacement from First Sounds, I would have already given birth. What a hassle.
I went home very upset and decided to keep the item and just let the situation go. Being upset over $30 is not worth it especially when you are pregnant. You would think that being a store for pregnant women, they would show more compassion.
Well, I love the products but their customer service and return policy is extremely ridiculous.
More Motherhood Maternity Complaints & Reviews
- Motherhood Maternity - Bump bucks coupon 
- Motherhood Maternity - Pitiful customer service 
- Motherhood Maternity - FREE 50 DOLLAR SCAM 
- Motherhood Maternity - Giving my credit card number out 
- Motherhood Maternity - Pushy customer service and lousy products!
- Motherhood Maternity / Destination Maternity Corporation - pants
- Motherhood Maternity / Destination Maternity Corporation - hiring manager
- Motherhood Maternity / Destination Maternity Corporation - schaumburg, il store - bad behavior/incorrectly charged & request refund
- Motherhood Maternity / Destination Maternity Corporation - quality complaint
- Motherhood Maternity / Destination Maternity Corporation - customer service