Mosley's Movements / Backing out of charity event at the last minute!

1 2727 West 70th StreetShreveport, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 318-751-6664

I am the organizer of a community event called the Shreveport Zombie Walk. People come dressed as zombies and bring non-perishable food for the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana. The week before the event, I was contact by a very nice lady (with whom I have no complaint with) who was representing a group from Mosely's Movements who wanted to come out and do the "Thriller" dance during the food drive for entertainment. I was led to believe that they would be bringing everything they needed to do this, and if they needed electricity, we could run an extension cord from the mall. When Patrick Mosely arrived to the event, he was very rude and upset. He kept complaining about not getting enough publicity and exposure, and saying we were very unorganized because we didn't provide a DJ or stereo system. Keep in mind I was told they would be bringing everything they needed, even a generator if there was no electricity. Not only was he rude to me, he spoke to someone on his phone in front of people who could hear him, and said that he "had better things to do with his time." After talking to him and thinking we had it straightened out, he left to "go get his supplies." I had a funny feeling he wasn't coming back. Not too long after that, he had someone else, one of his dancers, come let me know they were not going to perform. He, in my opinion, only wanted this as a publicity stunt, and seeing that only the 150 people at the food drive would be watching, decided that it wasn't worth his time and at the last minute, skipped out on a charity event and wasn't even good enough to come tell me himself, but send someone else. I don't know Patrick personally, but I got the vibe that he was very vain and narcissistic about the whole thing, and didn't care that this was for a good cause, he just wanted publicity that we were not (in his eyes) on a high profile enough level to give him! After announcing to everyone in attendance that the scheduled dance wasn't going to take place, we all rallied together and moved on, knowing that we were all there for the right reasons! The sad thing is, this is bad publicity for his business. There were actually a lot of people there, including my witnesses who are prominent in the community, the media, and people from the Food Bank who heard the whole ordeal. Mr. Mosely has marred his business in the eyes of the over 150 people there, and Shreveport is a small town where everyone knows everyone, so the word will definitely get out!

Comments

Ch
  16th of Jan, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Wow, this certainly is not the Patrick Mosley that I've done business with and have known for many years. I've seen him give his time and countless dollars to the people of our community. As a former teacher in Shreveport he was giving his all then and he constantly gives back to our kids!

I wasnt there, but I am privy to know management at the St Vincent's mall where this event took place. The mall didn't want you there and you were only allowed to set up outside towards the back near the dumpsters isn't this true! ? There was several other groups that refused to perform for you, isn't that true? Is it true that he didn't charge you one penny and he was performing for free.. he and his group of dancers ask of which came in full costumes?

Also to assume one is arrogant/narcissistic is quite childish and contradictory (especially after you said that you don't know him). I will say that if you run a bootleg, unorganized, ghetto event he will not be happy with it nor should anyone else.. hopefully your event wasn't this way... but it appears you weren't aware of what was needed in every aspect of your event... to be a event planner you have to cover every aspect of the event from start to finish.

It appears you dropped the ball and are trying to deflect the blame to Patrick Mosley and his performers to cover for some your shortcomings as the person responsible for this portion of the event. I honestly doubt your blog is going to effect his business because most people of your mindset don't exercise, diet or live healthy lives.