Mortgage Critics / OUT OF BUSINESS

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY WAS WORKING ON MY MORTGAGE MODIFICATION FOR MY HOME IN OVIEDO, FLORIDA AND ALL SEEMED TO BE GOING FINE UNTIL THE LAST MONTH OF 2009 WHEN MY CONTACT SUDDENLY STOPPED RETURNING PHONE CALLS. NOW THEY SEND A LETTER SAYING THAT THEY HAVE MOVED THEIR OFFICES TO ORLANDO BUT THEIR PHONES NO LONGER WORK AND THE COMPANY REPRESENITIVE DANA RUSSELL WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS OR EMAILS. THEY HAVE MY MONEY (MY MISTAKE), AND WE ARE FEARING THE WORST THAT BOA WILL BE SENDING US THE DREADED FORCLOSURE LETTER. I WILL BE CONTACTING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA TO FILE AN OFFICAL COMPLAINT AND WILL ALSO BE CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY TO FILE CIVIL CHARGES AGAINST "MORTGAGE CRITICS" TO HAVE MY MONEY RETURNED. IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS OF DEALINGS WITH THIS COMPANY "DON'T.<br />
KEN B

Comments

14th of Mar, 2010

I'm also a victim of mortgage critics. I took on their service last July. They explained to me that they should have my situation resolve by October. Also in the first meeting they said they would pay me my money back if I wasn't happy with their service. Obviously a false statement. I guess it was wishful thinking when I did speak to them since November that my financial situation with my home would be resolve. I accepted their run around jargon and B/S. Now here it's March and no result. I haven't heard from any of their representatives since November. I lost $1356. Now that their out of business I'm not sure what steps to take to get my money back. I was thinking small claims court.

16th of May, 2010

Im also a victim of Mortgage critics. I have lost over 1, 100. maybe we should all get together and do a class action. ?

• Ga
      27th of Oct, 2010

My family was also a victim of Mortgage Critics. They took over $1300 of our money and in the end did absolutely nothing. Worse than that, we had heard rumblings of our house being on the auction block and called them, because they said we had a modification which was going forward. They said that there was no auction happening. Less than a week later our house sold out from under us and we didn't have a clue until 15 days later when the eviction notice was posted on our door and we had hours to pack up 15 years of life and get out. So I lost my home anyway and the $1300 this company stole from us. I am all for class action lawsuit or criminal charges. I will gladly testify against this company.

• Sc
      27th of Oct, 2010

I was taken for close to $1300 too, and would certainly consider joining a class action suit. I've filed complaints with the BBB and also with Channel 9 news - to which Mr. Artzner has not even replied. He claims on the other post that we should have been contacted by his attorney, but I've heard nothing...

• De
      21st of Dec, 2011

was also a victim of Mortgage Critics. They took over $1200 of my money back in oct 2009, since that year not able to find them to claim for the money, i knew that a lot of families has been target by MC, if any action will be to couch them, please let me know