MORTGAGE CRITICS, LLCForeclosure Scam

S Review updated:

I contacted this company about 2 months ago because they said that they could save my home from foreclosure. I called my bank today and they have never heard of this company and they do not have any of my paperwork that I gave to Mortgage Critics. I am starting to believe that I have been scammed like the people that I hear about on the news.

Everytime I call, they tell me that I am in review but I feel that nothing is being done.

What can I do to get my money back and to get some legitimate help?????

MORTGAGE CRITICS, LLC

• J
      Jul 05, 2009

You have been scammed!!!

You should contact the Attorney General ASAP and file a complaint against this company...

You should NEVER pay any sort of upfront fees regardless of the amount!

Jul 07, 2009

Funny, we do not have ANY customers, that have homes in Oviedo. Since July of last we have saved over 130 homes from foreclosure and are currently processing over 270 files to save from foreclosure. Now, it is amazing this single person has been scammed by Mortgage Critics. At Mortgage Critics we strive to take care of ALL of our customers and based on the complaint. This would have been an impossible scenario at Mortgage Critics. Within a few days after excepting a file, the authorization is sent to the lender. This would mean the lender would know exactly who Mortgage Critics is and why we have faxed the authorization. If this is a real person, than maybe she has the wrong company.

P. S. - We are in complete compliance with the attorney general laws.

• R
      Aug 06, 2009

I have been scammed by the Mortgage Critics as well and have filed my own complaint. If you find yourself in the same boat as the person who posted this orginal complaint please send an email to: bobbie.q.[protected]@Hud.gov, along with making a complaint with Attorney Generals Office. I am aware of another person who this happenede to as well.

Aug 07, 2009

I was scam by them I lost a lot of money with them and I end up working myself with the bank and I filed a complaint with the mortgage fraud department please do the same good luck with them. we need to get this scam artist out of business. Call your bank asap and deal with them if not you will loose your house or contact a lawyer to help you.

The Law

In 2008 the legislature enacted a new law at the urging of the Attorney General to specifically address foreclosure rescue businesses and their potentially abusive practices.

The law prohibits businesses or individuals from collecting up-front fees from the homeowner prior to completing all services contained in the contract. This includes foreclosure rescue services or loan modification services related to foreclosures.

The law also requires that a written contract must be executed by both parties before the consultant can initiate services. The contract must contain specific terms and conditions, a specific notice of the homeowner’s right to cancel and other disclosures.

Out-of-state businesses that provide services to Florida consumers are also subject to the new statute.

The law further regulates businesses or individuals who perform foreclosure related rescue transactions. These transactions involve the actual purchase of the property facing foreclosure, leasing back the property to the original owner, and giving the owner the right to repurchase the property after a period of time. The law requires a written agreement before instrument transferring title can be given to homeowner to sign, requires a notice on the cover page of the written agreement of the consumer’s right to cancel and requires that the purchaser verify the homeowner’s ability to make the payments required to repurchase the home. If the homeowner's monthly payments for primary housing expenses and regular monthly principal and interest payments on other personal debt do not exceed 60 percent of the homeowner's monthly gross income, there is a presumption there is the ability to pay. The law also provides that the repurchase price cannot be unconscionable. There is a presumption that price is unconscionable if it exceeds 25 to 30 % of actual costs incurred by the purchaser.

Aug 07, 2009

Deal saver are you stupid or what she didnt say that her house was in Oviedo dont defend the undefendable soon you will hear from the state attorney and we will see whos right.

Aug 07, 2009

This is the same person signing up under different names. We are in the process of having our attorney find out who is posting this untrue information and will be suing them for posting information that is untrue. Two years in business with no complaints and now all this. Doesn't even make since. But we will get to the bottom of it!!!

Aug 07, 2009

Well than, email me your name. I have emailed you several times, but you just hide behind your computer. Like I said, we are in complete compliance with all laws and document all files completely. By your comments I think I know who you are and if you are who I think you are... Here's my same comment to you. You are trying to scam my company by having us do all your work and then ask for a refund. We do not and will not work for free.

Aug 08, 2009

Its not necesary for you to know my name because it will be a waist of time because you think that your right and I cant do anything to change your mind to refund my money. And to let the people know my problem with the bank is not over I could still loose my house work not done thats why Im askinfg for the refund. Its good that you are giving threats thru this website because people can see what type of person you are. You are using intimidation for the people like me that doesnt have money for a lawyer gets scare and stop writing.Well I dont have anything to loose probably I will loose my house any way you can try to get the rest of the things that I have. The only thing that I want is justice even if I dont get my money back i just want justice . Believe me I will love to take you to court but I dont have the money to do it.

And for the rest of you reading this if this company scam you go to www.myfloridalegal.com click on the icon mortgage fraud and fill the report.

Mrs. David Artzner dont worry this is going to be my last posting because I dont want to continue with the back and foward here, people will read and people can make their own mind about you company.

Aug 10, 2009

By your last post I know exactly who you are. I have sat down with you personally, on a couple of occasions and went over your file. I have even showed you the emails from the bank that states, “they have received everything from my company and that it has been submitted for a workout plan to save your home” (This was an email from June 16th). The email went on to say that it would be 60 to 90 days for a decision.

Now that everything is done, you want to complain that we didn't help you. This is why you are nervous about my attorney, because you know it is false information. I run a good company, that helps hundreds of people save there home and take great exception to folks like you like are trying to work the system. By the way, you won't need to take me to court... I'll take you...For making up bogus information about my company. Then you can tell the judge the lies and I will show the court the evidence that is in black and white. I hope the bank helps you out and you're welcome for keeping your family in the house.

• R
      Aug 10, 2009

I hate to say dealsaver
    It is not the same person.. making these post under someone else.. What a unprofessional thing to say.. WOW!!!

• U
      Aug 20, 2009

This mortgage guy is very rude and difficult to deal with! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! He promises something and never does what he promises!

Jul 06, 2010

We too, have been scammed by Mortgage Critics. We were lied to repeatedly by the owner and others at that company. As for you "dealsaver", or should I say DAVE ARTZNER, you are NOT in compliance with all attorney general's laws, or you would not be facing charges. My lawyer will be contacting yours.

Jul 22, 2010

This company stole my money. Did nothing for me to save my home. Took money up front, which I now learned is illegal. This company is now being investigated by the Attorney General. If you see anyone named Charlie Young in the business of trying to save your home from your bank foreclosing...run for the hills. I'm out $1351. I'm hoping that they are prosecuted and I get my money back.
    Oh David Where have you been? I don't see any post from you over the last year. Did you decide to run for the hills?

Jul 26, 2010

Everyone after January 1 can thank the State of Florida for taking so long to they us we could finish our business. You should be getting a letter from my attorney as to the conditions of the agreement. Sorry it had to be this way

Jul 26, 2010

David, what letter are we to receive from your lawyer? And Sorry it had to be what way? That letter better state something in the reference of conditions of paying us the full amount you stole from us. And learn how to write so we can understand you...

Sep 03, 2010

If you want to mail or have a visit to the owner of Mortgage Critics...I believe his address is 1991 Cameron Ave. Sanford Florida 32723

• G
      Oct 27, 2010

If I visit Mr. Arzner it would be to do him physical harm for not only stealing over $1300 of my money, but for his company doing NOTHING to save my home. NOTHING!!! In fact they were contacted by us just days before our house was sold at auction and at that time we told them we were hearing rumblings about an auction and they told us they checked on it and no auction date had been set and not to worry and that our negotiations with the lender were proceeding well.

Imagine our surprise 2 weeks later to find that eviction notice on our door and only hours to pack up over a decade of life and find a place to go. I found out a couple days after our eviction that the state closed down this company for operating without a license. So I don't wanna see anyone defending this crook and his company. Now that I have finally gotten settled after the trauma of the eviction, I am going to do everything in my power to have this man legally and financially destroyed. What comes around goes around Mr. Arzner!!!

Oct 27, 2010

Unfortunately I spoke to the Office of Financial Regualtion of Florida and all they are doing to David Arzner is saying "Don't do that anymore David!!" Basically...it seems like no reprecussions are going to happen to this guy for stealing and hurting so many in financial straits. No money is to be return to those he stole from, and if you want to get your money back...they said I would have to seek my own legal representation. WAY TO GO FLORIDA!!! So if you got ways of getting this guy fill me in...

Nov 07, 2010

This guy is a SCAMMER all the way...he currently works at Ultimate Business Services ( who changed the name from Ultimate Water and Coffee due to scams) and drives a New BMW...No company car because he has a suspended license for failure to pay child support!! Big Surprise!!!

• J
      Nov 11, 2010

This guy does work at Ultimate Business Services, ( which is a scam in itself, I am sure they love having him, because their ethics are compatible !). He has been brown nosing since he got there and has been trying to hide the fact that he has a job from his wife as not to pay child support, he chose no direct deposit which he is probably to dumb to realize that employment can be checked through SS office. I am sure Fields BMW would love to know he has no license since he is leasing a car from them!

Nov 19, 2010

So I got this "notice"...here it is in all it's glory including the misspelled words! You think a guy with a criminal conviction for worthless checks (Seminole County FL) could spell...NOT!! lol Amazing how people can reply to this immediately (correctly spelled) while ignoring all requests to be made whole again by the victims of the activity...
    "yourallsostupid" has sent you a message on ComplaintsBoard.com:

You are hereby notified to cease and desist all communications in reagrds to Mr. Artzner immediatly. The contents of your post must be removed within 3 business days. If the content is not removed, you are therefore liable for libel and stalking. There will be a subpoena issued to obtain the appropriate information to file suit accordingly.

Nov 19, 2010

This guy is a piece of work...What a jack [censor]. Bring it on Mr. Artzner. Love to have my day in court with you...will be happy to explain why you are being harrassed by those you hurt in your f'in scam. Learn how to spell...

• A
      Jan 30, 2011

01/29/2011 IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT GREGORY DAVID ARTZNER'S EMPLOYMENT, HIDING ASSETS FROM HIS WIFE, AND AVOIDING PAYING CHILD SUPPORT, YOU MAY EMAIL MRS. ARTZNER'S ATTORNEY, GLENN ROY, WITH ANY AND ALL INFORMATION. EMAIL TO [protected]@roylawfirm.com THE DIVORCE CASE IS STILL PENDING. "justicebedone", please send your information.

Feb 01, 2011

This guy is real piece of [censor]. I've heard he has blown all his money up his nose. He's a coke fiend. Good luck gettin money from this piece of [censor] of human.

• V