Morrisons / accident in store

1 Selby, England, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

My wife and I are regular/weekly shoppers at Morrison's store in Selby and have been for a lot of years. We went into the store on 22/12/17, it was very busy so things were a bit chaotic. My wife was in the fresh veg area and the basket of carrots at the front was empty so she put her hand on the empty basket to support her self to reach the carrots in the rear basket in doing so the empty basket was forced forward and hit my wife really hard on the bridge of her nose, within seconds her nose was very swollen. I informed the member of staff who was near by who went to get the first aider who came quite quickly had a look at my wife's injury then went to get an ice pack. Another member of staff came with a clipboard to take my wife's details and that was it. We carried on with our shopping with my wife holding the ice pack against her nose. By the time we got home my wife was suffering with a bad headache, concerned about my wife I called the store to speak to the manager who told me to bring my wife into the store so he could have a chat so we went in to see him on 24/12/17. He explained that the store was busy on that day we were there and was sorry my wife had been injured he also apologised that my wife would have 2 black eyes over the holiday period. In the end he offered her a bottle of champagne which my wife refused as she doesn't drink he then offered her to pick a bunch of flowers and I had to inform the checkout staff that they were complimentary. Also whilst talking to Josh the manager he told me that he didn't even know about my wife's injury until I rang him. If I was the manager of a large supermarket chain and a customer had an accident in my store no matter how serious I would definitely want to be informed straight away. I feel as a customer the concern for my wife's wellbeing after her accident was very poor and hope that this complaint will allow Morrison's to look at their accident procedures and maybe compensate her with more than a £10 bunch of flowers.
My other concern is that the first aider actually offered my wife some pain killers, I have been told by professional people that under on circumstances should first aiders be allowed to give any form of medication. I also informed the manager of my concern. I hope to hear from you in the very near future regarding my complaint.

Mu
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Su
      30th of Dec, 2017

Her nose looks fine. I can't believe you expect additional compensation beyond the flowers. For what? What did Morrisons do wrong? Your wife tried to balance herself with an empty basket, the mishap was her fault.

30th of Dec, 2017

@Sulphur7 I agree. If she’d gone to the doctor it would be different. She lost her balance after leaning on an empty basket. How was the store at fault? Carrots too high up? Ask for assistance.

• Mu
      5th of Jan, 2018

@Sulphur7 That’s your opinion about how my wife’s nose looks but at least she’s not sticking it in any body else’s business like you are, so do me a favour ... I think you know what’s coming next. ...
    @#%& €#&

• Be
      5th of Jan, 2018

@Murdock@22 Hey [censor] - don't post on a public forum if you can't take comments. You put your business out there you [censor]. The store owes you nothing. Your wife injured herself by doing something foolish and it wasn't the store's fault, but you are looking for compo. I think you know what's coming next ...@#%& €#&

5th of Jan, 2018

@Murdock@22 You post the story on a public forum which involves readers’ comments. You don’t like a response so basically say shut up followed by apparent swear words.

Are you a grownup or a child? You have no control over anyone here. We’re all free to comment on posts YOU choose to make.

Live with it or don’t share your personal business with the entire world.

• Mu
      5th of Jan, 2018

@SubSquirrel OMG another do gooder. What the hell are you going on about “you have no control over anyone here” who do you think YOU are ? Ok my fault I didn’t realise it was open to public viewing but I know now so if you’ve nothing else better to do I suggest you get a life.

• Be
      5th of Jan, 2018

@Murdock@22 I think the one who needs a life is you, you miserable monster. Maybe next time you learn how a public forum works. And no, you don't have control over what other people post here. And yes, you are a plonker. Your wife did something dangerous, and she was injured. Now you are looking for compo when it isn't deserved. It was her fault she was injured, not theirs. Stop looking for a freebie.