Moroney's ServiceSubstandard & Unsafe

1 Review updated:

While having my 2010 HD Heritage in for repairs from an accident these incompetant and inept individuals lie, and go out of their way to short change the consumer. Incidents prior to this gave me reason to wonder about their abilities, and I had been warned about them prior to purchasing my bike from them. However I wanted to give them a chance. Not only did they lie with regards to what was left to do on my bike with regards to repair work, they did not find things that were damaged from the accident. It took me pointing things out. After getting my bike back from these people, they never replaced the handle bars on the bike that are still bent up! They also never took the bike out for a road test before turning it over to me, which would have revealed there was a clamp missing on the exhaust system, causing an annoying chatter. To top it all off, they never put another inspection sticker on the bike after replacing the fork that had the original inspection sticker on. So they were happy to send me on my way with the chance of being pulled over and ticketed for lack of inspection. When I picked up the bike that was supposed to be finished, I was informed these idiots had more parts on order, AND, the parts I purchased to be added on to the bike during these "repairs" were given to me in my hand!! They said they were on "special order" which was bull since I purchased them and took them to the service department "manager". They were put with the other "parts" for the bike. Needless to say I had to put the parts on myself which was no big deal but I wanted these idiots to do it. If anyone recommends this "shop" for work I would not go there. I had to wait 3 hours after my appointment for my 1k check up before the damn bike was even taken into the shop. They don't care about their customers, they just want the money and you are at their mercy. Other bike shops have heard some horror stories about this place. So be aware of them, and avoid them at all costs.

Wo

Comments

• Wo
      Sep 08, 2010

Here's an update on the Jim ###ey's Cycle saga. Today I met with Pat ###ey concerning my complaints. This will be quite funny to some. He wanted to make things right about all of this. Of course this was after he decided he wanted to blame me for not pointing out to his "trained" staff that the handlebars were bent. He asked what it would take, what did I want. I tossed this back into his court since he's the one worried about his reputation. Here we go folks. Did you know that you as a customer of Jim ###ey's Cycle are only worth $300? Yep, that's it. Now let's see, if it were Mr. ###ey, or his wife or family, what would their safety be worth ? $300 I guess, so he better cut down on the life insurance on them, he's paying way too much. Then this person had the audacity to tell me to give him a number. Why? didn't he already give me his best offer? Does he really think that all would be forgiven and forgotten? This man has no concept of any wrong doing. He says what he knows people want to hear but he doesn't give a damn about it. He told me that the mechanic that did the work on my bike doesn't make these mistakes a lot. A LOT? How many times does he make these mistakes along with other mistakes?

I travel an extra 12 miles to a shop that not only knows what they're doing, but give a damn about the person that bike belongs to. If your bike breaks down, if you need your bike checked over. Avoid Jim ###ey's Cycle, get someone to take the bike elsewhere. A place that doesn't put a dollar value on its customers. All Mr. ###ey cares about is pulling in your money and kicking your butt out the door. The lack of attention with regards to their "service department" means they are there for the money, not for the safety of the person on that bike. Hell pay them their money and get out of the way for the next unsuspecting victim. So if you don't care if your bike is safe to ride, go to ###ey's they'll be happy to oblige. If you want a safe bike to ride, go anywhere else.

• Ed
      Aug 03, 2013

My 2004 Electra glide is in shop 2 months hearing nothing but excuses on why nothing is done, wrong part sent from Harley .It takes weeks to get parts so they say, this is ### no company should be in business that operates like this. Most of what was wrote by wolf314 I'm experiencing .I'll see when it is finished hopefully this year ill be in front of dealership for a few hours a week with my sign warning other buyers.I did it to Toyota and F and was setting up to do it at camper barn, but I didn't last minute they made good on warranty.I live for this ###. ED

Aug 03, 2013

Once the work is done, this year or next, start going to O'Toole's in Wurtsboro. Great people, parts department is the best. I will never go to ###ey's again and advise others looking for HD's to go anywhere but there.

• Ed
      Aug 14, 2013

Well here is an update on my 2004 Electra glide that was in at ###ey’s Harley for 8 weeks .First the left hand grip that was damaged in accident was not changed, I spoke to Laurie service manager on 3 occasions about oil leak and left hand grip. Now I shouldn’t have had to point out what was obvious to anyone looking over a motorcycle after it has been in an accident. I pick up bike and left grip is damaged if some service manager doesn’t notice some thing this obvious what else did she miss. Bike was left out in rain seat was soaked when I got on it. After driving 10 minutes on high way left foot pet flew off the same pegs that had to be put on new crash bars. Service manager has not costumer service experience what’s so ever. I will be filing complaint with B.B.B to start with, then write complaint to Harley main office telling then a dealership like this hurts there product .If I can get back to area I would like to stand in front of dealership with sign warming others from getting screwed.

Aug 14, 2013

Did you write something on their website? You can best bet you'll be hearing from Pat ###ey in short order. Let them know you filed a complaint here as well, which will really get Pat going. Definitely contact HD HQ. They said they would contact ###ey's concerning the problem I had, which is what got Pat going. So the more people complain to HQ the rougher it will be on them. They'll be looking for better people again for their service department. Again, go to O'Toole's if you're in need of service work. At least O'Tooles keeps the customers bikes under tents so they don't get soaked from rain. Unlike the uncaring ###s at ###ey's.

Aug 14, 2013

If you're on facebook, look up their site and make a comment there as well.