Mormon Businesses / Against their support of Prop 8

1 CA, United States Review updated:

It is important to remember during the campaign the organizers of Prop 8 asked their supporters to Boycott all who contributed to the No on 8 campaign. They distributed lists of No on 8 supporters through e-mails and on web sites. They contributed over 22 million dollars to the Yes on 8 side.

Now do not tip, hire, or do any business with a Mormon. 10% of their income goes to the church that worked tirelessly to take the civil rights away from people. They are a Nazi organization who only what their point of view followed. I asked my waiter if he were a Mormon, when he said he was I did not tip him, telling him, I was sorry but I can not support bigotry.

Google Mormon Boycott, and Utah Boycott and see how you can help. This is a Civil Rights issue, a human rights cause that effects all of us. Prop 8 would not have passed if it were not for the Mormon Churches' support of the money they and their members gave. Almost 48% of California voters are against it, and are supportive of the boycott against bigotry. The Mormons are a hateful and spiteful group. They called for a boycott against the No suporters first, so now lets show them what it is like to be treated the way they treated us. Thank You for your support: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j3xrKGCR3_Lr31cirVMS_5fY_8igD94ADR9G0

Comments

Cc
  11th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Get over it. Not only Mormans voted yes on Prop 8. Don't you believe in the Democratic process? The Democratic process passed this again- a second time!!- people's choice was ignored by judges legislating from the bench and so prompted this proposition. It is not a civil right at issue- they have their "civil unions" rights covered legally. It's a matter of defining what marriage is- the union between a man and a woman. I'm sorry they don't agree on this biological fact. It's not about not honoring their opinions and dignity as human beings. Look at who shows the most hatred and anger, and reflect what helps the human race thrive. We had viscious attacks and had signs stolen -breaking of the law to get to those signs. Let's respect the process and get over it. CC

Da
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Last time I checked we still lived in America. I don't believe in the Mormon faith but I do believe that we should not be afraid to vote. We voted twice and guess what, the will of the people have spoken!!! Now get over it! Why do you keep trying to force this issue on us. Again it has Ben voted on twice now. It passed not because of the Mormons but because of the people taking a stance. Last time I checked thats how we do it here we vote and we have!

Du
  4th of Dec, 2008

I have never heard of boycotts on No on 8 contributors. I would be greatly appreciate any links to sources for that.

Ch
  5th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I agree with Duhwayne...anybody have the list for the no on 8. The next time I get a homosexual for a waiter/waitress I will make sure they get zero % of the bill as a tip!

Gi
  10th of Dec, 2008

Isn't choosing to not tip a waiter because of his religious beliefs bigotry? So how is it that you refuse to tip or support anyone who engages in bigotry when you are doing it yourself? Isn't that a wee bit hypocrytical? You are entitled to your opinion just as every other person onthe planet is entitled to theirs. Let's not forget that the son of the founder of Washington Mutual personally donated $900, 000 out of his own pocket for Yes to Prop 8. Are you going to boycott his companies now too? He wants to actually wipe out all homosexuals, not just disallow them to marry. To me killing all gays, like the Washington Mutual guy says, sounds like hate and spite, not supporting a ban on gay marraige. They simply disagree with same-sex marraige, not wiping you off the face of the earth. They say to love you for who you are. Homosexual does not define you. Your actions and heart do.

So why would you single out just one religious group? The Catholics are against gay marriage as well; are you going to boycott them too? Or are you just going after them because they are an easy target, just like when the church was first established here in North America? Would it be ok if anyone for Prop 8 decided to boycott all of those against it? It seems to me that this country was built on people fleeing religious control in Europe for freedom of religion here in America. Marriage is a religious institution, am I wrong? So why would you want to obtain a religious right of a religion that teaches heterosexuallity? Marriage isn't a civil right, it's a religious dictate established for the making of a family unit. Really and truely marriage is required by God to even have sex and only with your legal and lawful spouse. I doubt you believe in that, so why would you care about getting married?

Oh and I guess since 52% of California voters voted Yes to Prop 8 that you should find out who they were personally and boycott them too? And their families? And anyone who has ever met them? That is ridiculous. How about instead of asking if someone is a "Mormon" you just get staight to the point and ask how they voted on Prop 8. Or better yet, get down to the heart of it and ask if they are gay and only tip them if they are.

I get that you're angry. I get that you feel robbed of something. But why would you want it anyways? Unless really just don't understand what it is that you want.

If you think that what you are doing is acceptable then why do you need the world to agree with you? That's like saying you have to agree with us that it is not acceptable. Sounds like my children's logic and they are all under 11.

Good luck with your pursuit of hate and bigotry.

Jo
  12th of Mar, 2009

Ok this is for the person who wrote this complaint. This is a response to this phrase "Almost 48% of California voters are against it, " EXACTLY!!! thats why it LOST, because the MAJORITY, not just mormons, wanted it past. Its called democracy, you should read about it sometime

Sl
  17th of Mar, 2009

Allowing gay marriage in ca would mean that the gay life style would have to be taught as an alternate life style to my kids in public school. The mormon church has helped me avoid having to explain "why sally has two mommies"

Ps
  16th of May, 2009

what is the world coming to when really there is but one answer no matter what reglion, what bible, we have somewhere deep in our own conscious, which by the way for those of us who have the understanding of the word all relgion aside, it means sensible, aware, knowing in one's own mind which by the way also includes the heart, that the actions of such ones as gay's or what ever one whichs to call said one's i've heard so many names now.However i live in ca i took my children out of school because sooner or later they will teach that it's perfectly all right for two woman or to men to live together as lovers, but no where in any bible ever printed or rewrote or reprinted for our time 2009 has Almighty God allowed those words i bless the uniting of these two females or to males together in marriage. So for any relgion to condone or back up any debate are not lining then selfs with almighty god way of thinking, no matter who you are again and what you think of god or what ever, wrong is wrong in the eyes of almighty god who ever he is to you, yes you god is love but god is a clean god not one to be mocked and again well lets not go into details again jesus said that is why man would leave his father and mother and cling to his wife and she would do the same, so i well not set back and say go ahead and do your thing you have rights yes you do for now but it all comes out in the wash god does finally say enough is enough then he acts according to what he knows is right.So in closeing for those who want there rights feel they have them remember right now this moment this year your right you do have rights.

18th of May, 2009

Well written complaint.

Don't worry about all the bigots responding. Its not completely their fault.. they were raised to hate others and when you've been taught hatred and bigotry since childhood.. its hard to see the world any differently.

Just be thankful you don't have to live your life with that kind of hatred and fear festering inside.

And as for the mormons.. I was pretty surprised that they were funding prop 8. Especially because it was basically a bill to deny gay people the right to get married. I find this so hilarious.. its like the pot calling the kettle black!

So what the mormons are saying is that gay marriage is totally wrong and a sin.. but having a grown man marry not just one, but possibly MANY underage children is totally OK! Freakin mormons... always good for a laugh! They'd be even funnier if their cult didn't spend so much time and money promoting hatred and bigotry, though.

Ke
  18th of May, 2009

You have no idea what your talking about. If your going to spout what you believe to be the truth about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, then how about you get it right. The church does NOT allow, or condone marriage to underage chillderen and any who do this are no longer considered part of the church, they are cast out for these kinds of sins because they are exactly that SINS! In fact they do not even let their childeren start dateing until they are at least 16 years old. Now on to the issue of gay marriage, as has been stated in may other comments on this page, a marriage is a religious institution set forth by God, and is defined in any religious text as being a union between a man and woman for the purpose of procreation. The last time I checked two men can't have a baby and two woman will only have a baby if they get the sperm from a man. I have no problem with gay people, some of my best friends are gay and even they agree with me and with the majority of the population of CA. Get over it. If being gay makes you happy then by all means have at it, but don't tell me that i have to tell my childeren that your way is right in the eyes of God and the law. And if you want to talk about hate and bigotry, who is the one talking about boycotting a people just for supporting what they believe in? Sounds like your the hatter to me.

24th of May, 2009

Mormons are such cowards.. they fund this terribly bigoted proposition and then want the names of the donors to remain hidden from the public? Lol like we don't already know...

24th of May, 2009

Ya kelli, your whole marriage as religious institution would be a great argument if marriage itself wasn't such a joke today. Have you checked the divorce rate recently? I thought marriage was supposed to be for life huh? And its not like the churches can stand on their pedestal anymore.. the catholic church is a joke with the rampant child abuse being condoned and hidden every day.. your precious mormon church is just about as solid as scientology. I thought black people weren't allowed to be priests in your church? Oh wait you guys changed that rule back in 1978 because of tremendous backlash.

I'll give Mormons credit for being a great business church.. pay 10% of income, have tons of children, only date other mormons.. thats a great business model for tons of followers and money.. but that sure as hell doesn't make your beliefs right.

Td
  14th of Aug, 2010

Doesn't make their beliefs bad either does it? 10%, kids, mormon dating ... sounds kind of cheap, doesn't it? Never heard of a Mormon honored as member of the Year as the Catholics do in several cities for mafya leaders ... One does not have to be a Mormon to be against gay-marriages ... on the other hand two females living together and raising children from divorced families has become common ... maybe never or once married females too can do it that way .. but two gay so-called males? No way! Good for the Mormons! All you have to do is stay away from them and stop trying to destroy good family principles ... for sure, two "males" should not have children! They probably should even stop trying! Everybody can go swear to a legal relationship - buy houses, do whatever living together, but why are you so insistent on calling it a "marriage" - and claiming "marriage" is a civil right? Just doesn't make sense ...