[Resolved] Morgan Properties - The Glens at Diamond Ridge / payment made late because online account was locked by management for no reason

5 Windsor Mill, Maryland, United States

On October 5, 2018 at 9:00pm I attempted to pay my rent online and noticed my account was locked and online payments were restricted. I know there wasn't a past due balance on my account so there's no reason my account should have been restricted. I emailed the assistant property manager, Brittany D. Greene and advised what the problem is, and that I would be leaving for vacation tomorrow morning (Oct 6th) and wanted to pay before I left to avoid any additional fees.

I did not receive a response to my account being unlocked until I came back from vacation on Thursday, 10/11/18. Brittany's response was apparently sent on Friday night (10/5/18) at 11:29pm. I was not checking emails that late and was out of the country on vacation with no email access from 10/6-10/11). As soon as I read the email that my account had been unlocked, I made an online payment and emailed Brittany D. Greene regarding the late fees on my account totaling $109.84, which I feel I am not responsible for. Prior to my email about the late fees, Brittany was responsive and now I am not getting any response from her regarding the late fees.

After not getting a reply from Assistant Property Manager Brittany D. Greene, I emailed property manager, Turine Ferrell on Friday, 10/12/18 at 12:23 pm regarding the late fees totaling $109.84.

As of today, 10/17/18 I have not received a reply from Turine or Brittany but i'm sure they will attempt to add more fees on top of the $109.84 and will probably even attempt to get a judgement against me for nonpayment. The least that they could do is have the decency to reply to my emails and advise. I would like the $109.84 to be waived as a courtesy since my account shouldn't have been locked and I did reach out in good faith.

• Resolution statement

• Morgan Properties Customer Care's Response, Nov 01, 2018

I am sorry for not responding sooner-please let me know if this concern has been addressed. [protected]@morganproperties.com

Re