Morgan Properties / apartment

1 Philadelphia, MS, United States

My name is Janelle reidy and I currently live at Sherwood crossing Philadelphia PA 19114 apt 29c...I have been a resident at Sherwood crossing apartments for five years now, I have put in several work orders for cracked ceiling and paint peeling along with coating on tube coming off and plaster stains on tile, I was informed I will need to vacate apt for 24hrs along with dog so tube alone can be fixed, that was something I was unable to do, I requested an in house transfer, after two failed attempts and wrong information given by office staff, I was finally approved to move across hall to apt that was upgrades and ready, I was also informed I will have to pay $500 fee to move and $280 fee for carpets, which I did ask for carpet cleaning when renewed lease two months prior and never received. I was willing to pay fees just asked when had to be paid, office staff said they will contact me with answer. A week goes by no answer so I go to office and talk to property manager she informed me I will need to pay total $2500 by the 1st for new apt when I explained thats in two weeks she simply said that's what I would have to pay. So I will not be moving to that apt even though I have already packed up current apt. I will also be moving out of this complex, I have recommended 5 tenants in the five years I've been there and two more last week. Which I have informed them do not move there now... I have been a good tenant pay rent and cause no problems. I have enjoyed staying here up till new staff arrived in office past year and new property manager who is very ignorant and rude, and office staff has no idea what they are doing given the fact I was receiving different answers all the time regarding transfer. The fact I received no help or no trying to figure out a solution about this problem from property manager, I have already made arrangements to move out. My apt is not up to standards and the new office staff is laughable at best. I will no longer recommend this property and the company needs to do better at keeping track on what's goin on at their properties, this complex has gone down, even landscape is horrible, trash all over and outside of alot of buildings are falling apart..for a Northeast apt and price we pay it is a disgrace...

Ja