Morequity / Late fee

I received a letter advising of payment not received on June 20, 2008 and immediately called MorEquite to advise them that I had sent out my monthly payment on May 21, 2008 for the month of June. I advised them of the check number, amount sent and even send them a copy of my check. I immediately sent them both the payment for June and July on June 21, 2008, (that very next day) less the fee. I also reminded them that I have NEVER been late on any payments and usually pay weeks early and requested that they remove the late payment fee. I was denied that consideration. Apparently it was my fault that I sent the check by mail and that if I signed up for their pay online option I would not have that problem again. I refuse to pay them online and they said that was the chance I would take by using the mail and that I must pay their fee. I then sent them another letter stating that they now leave me no alternative but to file a complaint and they have ignored the issue. I have been with them for years and have never had anything like this happen and I refuse to pay that penalty fee.

Comments

• Te
      6th of Oct, 2009

Morequity did the same thing to me. Except that I track all of my checks through online banking . When I checked my checking account balance 10 days after the payment was sent, I found that the check was not cashed. It is usually cashed five days after it was sent. I called them and they said I have 15 days grace and the mail could be delayed. I said, "I am always early with my payment, this has never happened before." They said I could pay over the phone, I said "NO." They said I could setup an automatic withdraw. I said "I will never do that." I had never heard of that mortgage company before they bpought my mortgage. I don't trust them and now I trust them even less. I am sending another check, with 8 days left of my 15 day grace, overnight express certified. I want to know that they received it and have no further excuse to charge me a late fee.

Terry Simpson

• Ga
      20th of Dec, 2009

Mrequity and AIG took my house away after 31 years, I tried to work it out with them, and they said NO!!!

I pray to GOD that they FAIL, for all the people they have SCREWED..it was ok for them to give the big bonuses to there half assed CEO'S.

I pray that they have a BLACK CHRISTMAS, just like they gave to me.