Mor Furniture / Poor quality products no customer service

Mor Furniture is horrible! Never buy from them unless you are willing to accept inferior quality with no warranty and absolutely no customer service. My mom bought a couch and loveseat from them and the day after it was delivered she called them and told them it was falling apart. Nails popping out of the back and the fabric did not cover the reclining ends properly, they said they would send someone out to look at it exactly a week later. That person shows up and says they will replace the backs of the couch and loveseat and that if she sat on the couch long enough the fabric would stretch to cover the recliners properly...this is their solution for a 1 week old brand new $2000 couch and loveseat. We called and told them this was not good enough. They NEVER call you back and will not let you speak to a manager. Now they are saying that all of their recliners are like this and that they only cover manufactures defects and they do not believe this is a manufactures defect. I guess 235 BBB complains should tell you something. Mor Furniture means Mor BS.

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Sep, 2008

MOR FURNITURE SUCKS.
    I bought a $1800 leather sofa with Insurance coverage was told that no matter what happens the sofa is covered, within 6weeks the leather buckled. Service came out took a photo called me later and said too bad we are not replacing, or repairing it. IT IS NORMAL FOR LEATHER TO BUCKLE..I called Henry my sales person, in the Glendale store, he said the same thing, I hope you can live with yourself, you mislead me. I never would have bought something that wore like a salvation army sofa and cost Robb & Stucky prices.
    MOR FURNITURE YOU WILL BUCKLE SOON ENOUGH.
    BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU WOULD NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS SO DEFECTIVE AND WITHIN A FEW WEEKS, NOT YEARS OF USE.
    I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO INFORM PEOPLE THAT YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO GET MY MONEY BACK, AND YOU CAN HAVE YOUR ### SOFA...

• Ti
      4th of Oct, 2008

Mor furniture is horrible. I purchased a bedroom set from them 7 months ago. Last night I went to sit on my bed and the screws that held the side board and foot board together ripped out!!

I contacted their service center in Fresno and was first told that they were not going to repair it because it was NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR!!! AND IT WAS NOT A MANUFACTURER DEFECT!!! And I was at fault because, I SAT ON MY BED!!!

I contacted the customer service center and the gal over there tried to help me the best that she could, she even had the service center manager call me.

The service center manager then had a SLIGHT change of heart. She said that if I brought the damaged part of my bed to them, they would try to fix it there. QUESTION: WHY WOULD I TAKE MY BED APART TO BRING YOU THE PART THAT WAS DAMAGED??? DOES THIS MAKE SINCE??!!
    I'm still very upset and call the customer service center again. The customer service gal speaks with her manager who then contacts the service center manager, who then calls me again.

Now she's willing to send a technician out to my house, but I'll have to wait 5 DAYS!!! (Ya I'll just sleep on my NEW couches or the floor, I guess it's a better alternative to a bed frame falling apart!))
    Or just do the alternative BRING IN THE DAMAGE PART OF THE BED!!
    Oh ya another alternative.. have my boyfriend repair it. (Those nails should have never been holding the bed frame together anyways!!! They were ripped out there is no tread. But hey I can make new holes and my bed will not be aligned! )

I should not have to make lot's of phone calls just to have something repaired. I spent a lot of money at that store! I'm still stuck on what I am going to do. Should I just wait and have them repair it?? Or should I just do it myself?? I'll be making this decision soon.
    They weren't lying when they said "MOR Furniture" for LESS!!!