Moore Pet / Deceptive marketing

1 3170 Airport RoadLa Crosse, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-829-7876

On May 5th 2008 I purchased a Staywell electronic pet door from Moore Pet, within the first 3 months all 3 of the infrared collar tags had failed at least once. Moore Pet's response was "Call Staywell" to Staywell's credit they did replace the tags. Replacement took about a week and during this time the dog affected had no access to outside at night (morning cleanups)

My major complaint was with Moore Pet, after the 5th tag failed I gave an accurate review on their website, they removed the review within 24 hours. I then left another review and it was removed within 12 hours. If this isn't deceptive marketing I don't know what is. If there had been accurate reviews on the website I would have never bought this pet door.

The last time I took a screen shot of the review and will see what the BBB has to say about Moore Pet's marketing practices. I hope people who see this complaint will take their business to a vendor who is honest.

Comments

• Lc
      23rd of Jan, 2009

This merchant will not accept returns or exchanges of anything that has been removed from the box--even if dead on arrival, their shipping error (another's experience) or not as advertised. The 30-day return policy is useless except for a wrong order. I had to dispute my credit card charge. Manufacturer would repair or replace if damaged, but I must pay shipping to return the product and return the substitute product they will send me to fill the hole in my wall left by the DOA/NAA product. Mine was not installable in certain circumstances not revealed in advertising and apparently dead on arrival.